1 10%
Song 4
0 0%
Song 5
2 20%
Voters: 10.
Lol 69

Yo nerds listen up

Because summer is fun, people don't always have the time to buckle down and write songs. This is why these threads have been bi-monthly instead of weekly.

Now that fall is coming, it's time to go back to the old schedule.

Next deadline, still 2 weeks after this thread (Sept. 21st).
Then, a new thread every week (starting Sept. 28th).

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Reverie" (FoOltz)

2 - "roach" (whywefight)

3 - "Into The Clouds" (ultimate-slash)

4 - "Same Old Crime" (chev311e)

5 - "Puncture" (mind_meld, SirZep)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from mind_meld and SirZep, the song "Desert Sea"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Sunday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
I wonder what would happen if homeless people started doing this in parks and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685554
homeless people don't have the internet to watch that video to learn how to make wattle and daub huts.

It's the circle of life
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
1. Heavy as ****. Good as ****. ****
2. Voted for this. Loved the overall vibe (production is great as well btw).
4. Sounds great with the multiple vocal tracks. Nice acoustic solo.
5. Getting a great kinda 90s grunge/metal feel from this. I'll have some more of this please.
5 I like. Definitely needs some better recording, but as you said "don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content" so yes. 5.

Though 1 was a not too distant runner up.
WTF long songs?

Ahem.

Reverie: Really heavy in FoOltz's style. Not my thing, but I always enjoy listening to your songs and you're the one who made me give Swans a chance (inb4 I know you haven't suggested them to me, but I listened to some of your stuff and I said "why not digging into something different than my usual likes?").

Roach: Voted for this one. I liked the general post rock vibe and the little licks you put here and there. Also great harmonies and melodies on the vocals. Probably the reason I voted for this is their evolution in the song.

Into The Clouds: Really liked the acoustic guitar blending with the harmonies, but I thought the song was going in another direction than the one you chose. When I listened to the intro I thought it was going to be amazing if you made it into an instrumental with loose eerie vocals piece. However my second favorite this week.

Same Old Crime: Sorry man, but this doesn't do much for me. I think it would be nicer if you recorded a single track of vocals, because at some points it seemed like you were out of tune. OK the ending was kinda lovely (save for that last a bit cliched four note ending)

Puncture
: Your voice sounds a bit like a punkier Liz Fraser (compliment). Only thing I didn't like is the heavy guitar riffs and solo, but that's really personal.

Anyway, a heavier and longer (on average) week

Also, where's Mappy Map? I miss beats and bleeps.
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Last edited by Trifonas at Sep 10, 2015,
Also a friendly daily reminder that wwf has a deal with the big chief so he wins every week.
Pls someone stop him from ruling the group (I would say world, but maybe not - let's stick to that).
Quote by Trifonas
WTF long songs?

Ahem.

Reverie: Really heavy in FoOltz's style. Not my thing, but I always enjoy listening to your songs and you're the one who made me give Swans a chance (inb4 I know you haven't suggested them to me, but I listened to some of your stuff and I said "why not digging into something different than my usual likes?").

The funny thing is I don't even listen to Swans.
Maybe I'll start listening to them now so we can both say we made eachother give them a chance.
Quote by FoOltz
The funny thing is I don't even listen to Swans.
Maybe I'll start listening to them now so we can both say we made eachother give them a chance.

Start with The Seer. Amazing album (Don't mind its two hour duration - it gets great).
(I would suggest listening to the vinyl track order)
Then get heavier with To Be Kind
And **** everything with Filth.
Nice band.
Quote by Trifonas
And **** everything with Filth.

I never knew UG censors stuff
Quote by Trifonas
Into The Clouds: Really liked the acoustic guitar blending with the harmonies, but I thought the song was going in another direction than the one you chose. When I listened to the intro I thought it was going to be amazing if you made it into an instrumental with loose eerie vocals piece. However my second favorite this week.

I agree, it would be great if I'd shut up for once

For real though, I actually had a completely different track in mind (with percussion/bass and all that), and that's probably why you'd get another vibe from the intro as you do with the rest of the song. The use of only the acoustic is because I'm lazy artistically enigmatic like that