Hello guys,

I know it's a classic one and there might be threads like this all over the forum, but I want fresh opinions and it may turn out into a nice discussion.
So, I sold my last electric (Fender Mexican Std Strat 1994) half a year ago and now realzied- I need a new axe, acoustic is just not enough for me. My budget is up to 500 bucks, don't mind if it's used too. I mostly played various music, not anything too heavy tho, like Red Hot Chili Peppers, GnR, Rage Against The Machine, also some Eric Clapton and Santana. Strat suited me quite well, but I kind of want a change. Had a Les Paul Studio too, did not really like it, couldn't get my wrist comfortable around the neck. Talking about Floyd Rose, did not enjoy it too much as well, but I only tried one on a cheap Ibanez. So, what would you go for guys?
What body styles would you consider? What about something like a Jazzmaster? Since you like stratocasters and don't like Les Pauls because of the neck, you're probably best off with a Fender style neck.

Talking electronics, you're probably best off with a splittable humbucker in the bridge position. It gives you single coil sounds for the Chili Peppers and humbucker sounds for GN'R.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Any body styles, want to try something new, was looking at Kramer guitars and they looked really appealing haha I really don't know about Jazzmaster, maybe if one had a couple of humbuckers, and yeah, splittable humbucker is a really useful thing, had it on my Godin Session
Check out some PRS SE models. some have hardtails and some have trems. They run $300-$400 used. You might prefer the Custom models
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.