I ordered my first overdrive pedal, today. I have a question as is to where I want to put it. Does it go in the effects loop or in front of the amp? Do I put the Wah pedal in front of the overdrive? I am pretty stoked to try this pedal out. I know I could just experiment when it get here, but I just had to ask.
Thanks,
Tyson
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
OD goes in front of the amp and not the loop.

You can put the wah either in front of the pedal or after. Whichever sound you prefer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ Yeah. Probably wah in front, though (but try both ways if you can be bothered to see).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cool. I should have it one Saturday. From what I have read and seen on Youtube my heart is already pounding.
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
There's no real "wrong" order, but a wah usually goes before any dist/OD pedal. a wah is usually very early in the chain, but that's just me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
OD goes in front of the amp and not the loop.

You can put the wah either in front of the pedal or after. Whichever sound you prefer.

Yeah. In general, wah is more subtle before and more pronounced after, so try both.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.