I just picked up this guitar of CL... couldn't resist. I couldn't find anything exactly like it, but some that were close.

One site that had one like it with a different (all black) pick guard claimed it was a 50s guitar. Others say it's a 60s guitar.

Model on the back is EG408-2T. Serial number is hard to read but it looks like 1025.

On the side view of the neck there are stickers that show the 1st and 7th fret locations. I wonder if they are stock or if someone maybe put them there to learn.

Everything works on it... The 2 switches control the pickups and work.. (why they are like that I don't know... why would I want to turn them both off.. lol).

The PO didn't play.. he just was selling "junk". He said his guitar buddy just checked it over and restrung it but lets say that I'll be restringing it again... the g string has a kink in it making it buzz something terrible.

It actually doesn't sound all that bad either.

I wish I could find more information on this. I believe back in the day it was sold at Sears/Wolworths/etc. The single pu was $25 and the double was $50 from what I've seen (or something like that).

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I hope to take it apart and check things out when I restring. Just to see if I can find any other markings under the pickguard or anything. Everything is there except the whammy bar which I doubt I'll find... haha..

I remember those from when I was a kid, guessing mid/late 60s. Not much data or collector interest anywhere for Teisco guitars so not likely you will pin it down exactly. As I recall they were pretty crude and not very good players. Maybe wall art.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
appears to be a mid 60s model as it has a Mosrite vibe to it. Teisco does have fans and actually some models are fairly collectable. sadly info is tough as these guitars were often rebranded so the same guitar could have multiple names etc. as mentioned they weren't known for being great players.
I bought it because it was mostly intact, not bad for 50+ years old, and kitchy... as Kramer would say...

Even with a kinked string it doesn't play that bad. Probably never even been set up properly.