Something I used to ruin the pit.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think chris found the fix to switch back. Try using this.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/?

Unless you don't want to switch back. Then I dunno.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 11, 2015,
Loads the tab search page and doesn't link to anywhere else on the site, I have to type in the locations into the URL bar.
Quote by JackalUK at #33590771
Your personality?

nice
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Scroll to the bottom and click "return to old UG".way to remove the link @.@

Working on finding the workaround.
Last edited by NeoMvsEu at Sep 11, 2015,
I forgot it even existed, lol definitely not clicking that link again. I can't even remember how I managed to get rid of it the first time.
I have no idea wtf is going on

The link in the op just read 'closed for new members' for me
I like turtles.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
to inform those who weren't aware of the last thread, apparently it's like some alpha version of a forum rehash, but it got ignored so it's just there.

i think actually idk.
superman is killing himself tonight
I presume swapping the 1 at the end of the url for a 0 wouldn't work?

I'm not gonna risk trying it out though 'cos don't want whatever terrible thing you've got
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Works fine for me, but seems to be solely for tablature. It's got a pretty decent Guitar Pro style tab player built in.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I presume swapping the 1 at the end of the url for a 0 wouldn't work?

Nope. It has its uses, and it's improved, but it's not ready.
Quote by JackalUK at #33590828
Except it didn't work and I still have the new front page

Quote by NeoMvsEu at #33590910
Scroll to the bottom and click "return to old UG".way to remove the link @.@

Working on finding the workaround.

Have you tried:
Quote by chrismendiola at #33313810
I've fixed it.

- Right click
- View page info
- Click blue hyperlink "Show cookies and site data"
- Hit "Remove" for all cookies
- Log back in.

Enjoy.
Free Ali
^^ Thank you. Wow was that a mistake what is UG thinking.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Doesn't work.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Can someone please help with this? Tried everything suggested but it's still changing to EVO every time I log in, it's starting to become really annoying

Also, saw something about "switch to classic ug" in the source code but I don't know how to actually get there in the page, ctrl+f doesn't work either
When will UG close down?

It seems like it's following a trajectory that will lead to it closing down. Progressively poorer articles and news, fewer and fewer active members, problems with tabs and copyright, etc.

EDIT: UG in 2006 was busy as ****.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Evo is like, almost an inarguably better tab environment.

You guys are just basement living contrarians whose fragile psyches can't handle minute change on a website that's the rock of your life.

My God, it's full of stars!
All the content from UG aside from tabs is completely missing, I wouldn't have been able to get to the forum if I didn't make a search on google, how is that contrarian?
Quote by theman6
All the content from UG aside from tabs is completely missing, I wouldn't have been able to get to the forum if I didn't make a search on google, how is that contrarian?

It's 2015, I don't know what to tell you if you can't go from one website to another without clicking a link.

Like I said, Evo is, currently, a tab environment.
Quote by Dreadnought
It's 2015, I don't know what to tell you if you can't go from one website to another without clicking a link.

Who the fuck looks at tabs these days?

More to the point who the fuck plays guitar these days?
Quote by Dreadnought

So the 2015 thing is to search every single thing on google instead of, I don't know, leaving the links at hand in the site?

Lol ok
I didn't even know this had gone public

It's still in development
There's a link at the top of the main page that reads "UG Evo", I clicked it out of curiosity

The page now is completely different and I can't change it back unless I log out and delete a specific cookie from the page, but as soon as I log in again the site changes again
Quote by Dreadnought at #33592386
Evo is like, almost an inarguably better tab environment.

You guys are just basement living contrarians whose fragile psyches can't handle minute change on a website that's the rock of your life.

Nice try, not clicking that link again.

I don't know what it's like now but it was terrible before. Autoplaying videos, ugly bright ass screen, and no way to access the other parts of the website. I have no problems getting tabs now.
Well done that man!

I have no problems with the new Evo thing, bar not being able to get around the rest of the site easily. Unless the intention is to do away with large portions of the site?