Hey guys, i have a big problem with A Major chord. My fingers are just too big. They are not fat, but im a big guy and i have big hands. I play guitar for 1 month and a week. I practice a lot, even 5h per day. I can play almost all chords cleanly (F Barre too), and switch between some of them (C,D,G) but A Major is just impossible for me. These are the fingerings i tried:

Fingers 1,2,3 all on one fret - not possible for me, either string D sounds bad, or B sounds muted.
Fingers 2,3,4 - Its also not possible, seems like my 2 and 3 finger are just too big for this.
Fingers 3,2,4 - Spent a couple of hours because i thought maybe this fingering will do its job, but again, its just impossible.

Even if i pushed hard i never managed to play this chord cleanly. to be honest im kinda confused. When i started playing i thought things will come with practice, but now when i realized that i can play F Barre and still struggle with A Major.... well its kinda weird. Please, could you give me some tips? Im happy with my progress, but A Major is considered as a easy chord, and i struggle with fingering (not even playing or switching) it for a couple of weeks. I got no idea how to deal with it. Thanks.

PS. Sorry for my English, its not my native language, i tried my best.
1, Use one finger. i.e. just barre the three strings and mute the top E (or, when you practice a bit you should be able to let it ring clearly - try barring it diagonally).

2, Use 2,1,3 - I use this mostly since 1,2,3 did not work for me (although it does now).

3, Get a guitar with a wider fret board - they do vary.
To me it sounds like you simply have to practice more. You've only been playing for one month. Once you've played for a while things like this will come naturally, and when you look back you won't be able to understand what it was that you found so hard about playing an A-chord.

Also, instead of playing 5 hours a day it sometimes helps to take a break and do something else. If you still feel like playing guitar for 5 hours a day I would recommend you to try and learn something else for a while, other than just how to play chords. Try to learn a solo or something like that and after a couple of weeks you come back to practicing your chords.
Quote by PSimonR
1, Use one finger. i.e. just barre the three strings and mute the top E (or, when you practice a bit you should be able to let it ring clearly - try barring it diagonally).

2, Use 2,1,3 - I use this mostly since 1,2,3 did not work for me (although it does now).

3, Get a guitar with a wider fret board - they do vary.

This seems like your best options. Also, what is your native language? Just curious.