I have a peavey 6505+ combo amp, the 112. It sounds wonderful and I love the amp. I have never had a problem with it until recently when I started going to gigs every week. Now I take the amp to gigs buckled in my side-seat. I try and keep it from shaking much. And today I played the amp before bringing it to my gig and once I got there it would not work. I tried setting all the tubes, I checked the fuse it was fine, I checked the speaker connections, and I know my guitar is good. It works through my other guitarists amp. I don't know what the problem is. But honestly it's got me pretty irritated. The amp is fairly new even. Just a few years old.
Any info on what might be the problem would be appreciated. Thanks
Do the lights come on? Does it make any sound at all? Did you check the internal fuses? Do the tubes all light up? Do they all get warm?

More info helps.
A common problem with these is the heater circuit for the preamp tubes. Check the preamp tubes and see if you get any light from them
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
All the tubes, power and preamp, light up and heat up. All the lights come on and they switch on and off with the buttons and foot switch. The amp does not make any sound at all.
Check the fuses on the circuit board. This sounds like an HT fuse. Also try plugging your guitar straight into the effects loop return.

Any chance you can check the speaker, either with another amp or with a 9V battery?
Hmmm.... Worth a shot to see if the speakers connectors came undone before doing further investigating?

I doubt it'd happen but it's possible. Otherwise, you can pull out the board and look for burnt up components... There have been a few minor issues with these so do a google search and see what comes up.

Edit: what Roc said as well
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I guess I'll check the board. I checked the speaker connections first thing so that isn't the problem I'm fairly sure.
And I'll also try running through the effects loop.
Not the connections (and they can be bad without looking bad, unless you checked continuity with a meter). Testing the speaker to make sure it's not blown or shorted is the goal there.
Okay. I can't imagine it being blown, I've never turned the amp up that much. And I don't use effects. But I'll check anyway.
Thanks
Look for KaliM, he knows his 6505s 112's quite well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Lgarretto
Okay. I can't imagine it being blown, I've never turned the amp up that much.
My first thought is that you could have broken the speaker by placing it with the speaker facing in front (or back, or left or right) instead of facing up or down.

Definitely check if it's the speaker.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Lgarretto
All the tubes, power and preamp, light up and heat up. All the lights come on and they switch on and off with the buttons and foot switch. The amp does not make any sound at all.

Just for the fun of it, I'd buy a new preamp tube (any 12AX7 will do, but I prefer JJs in these amps) and try it in the phase inverter position. When I read "preamp and power tubes all light up and heat up, but still no sound" I think of the power section (after you've checked all of the fuses, of course). One other thing is that even if all the tubes light up and warm up, that still doesn't necessarily mean one of them isn't bad. I've encountered that situation before. If that tube happens to be the PI tube, then you wouldn't get any sound. I've had other preamp tubes that have gone bad on one side and actually still work normally on one channel or the other. Just looking at them you can't tell.

The other advice I have is to get a can of Deoxit or other brand of electrical contact cleaner, spray some on the power tube pins and work them in and out of their sockets a half-dozen times or so. I would also grab the power tube retention springs and bend them down slightly so that they "grab" the power tubes a little harder and keep them secure. If one of your power tubes is even slightly unseated, it will not work. I once played an entire set with only one power tube running, because I didn't know it had unseated a tiny bit from transporting the amp. All I knew was I had to turn my amp up louder than normal to get the same volume, and it didn't sound as thick/full. Ever since, I've always made sure those spring clips grip the power tubes a little tighter. I would clean all of the other tube pins/sockets while you're at it too.

As others have said, it is somewhat common (meaning, it's happened to me and I've read about 4 other threads about it) for some of the rectifier diodes to burn out on these amps. I don't think that's your problem, because I doubt all of your tubes would light/warm up. When mine went, none of the preamp tubes would light up, but the power section still worked.
plug your guitar directly into the FX loop return, if you get sound it is something in the preamp. If you get no sound, it is the power section
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Okay so it did not work last night. I brought it home and plugged it in this morning without doing anything at all to it. I didn't set the tubes, check the fuse, I did nothing. I plugged it in and now it works. This doesn't make sense to me
Quote by Lgarretto
Okay so it did not work last night. I brought it home and plugged it in this morning without doing anything at all to it. I didn't set the tubes, check the fuse, I did nothing. I plugged it in and now it works. This doesn't make sense to me

I'd guess a loose tube or dirty tube socket then. Do the DeOxit cleaning as above and reseat everything.

If it's not the tubes then you have a loose connection or cracked solder joint somewhere.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .