I've got a 7-year old Strat copy. After not having really touched it for many months, I decided to play it. I used a piece of tissue to wipe off the dust, uncovered a whole web of cracks on the finish.

No flash

With flash

Grimy bridge

Any advice? Will it eventually start peeling? It's my first electric (which plays fairly well, I must add), so I don't intend to get rid of it. Should I go get it done up? My bridge also started becoming grimy a few years ago, so I guess it's been a long time coming.

The Strat's made in Indonesia as far as I know, and is from a knock-off brand called Timbre.
Where have you been keeping it?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Where have you been keeping it?

good ?. that looks like cheecking which happens often with nitro finishes but can't say i've seen much like that with poly. usually this is a result of the guitar getting cold and then being subjected to heat. the finish and he wood expand at different rates and that causes the finish to crack like that.

that is really grubby though which isn't good
I've been keeping it outside on a stand at room temperature. I live in a tropical country so the guitar hasn't been subjected to very cold temperatures, although I must disclaim this by saying my family sometimes turn on the air-conditioner. It is not directly in line of the air-conditioner, but it is right outside the door, so it may have been exposed to cold temperatures via diffusion (we open the doors to let the cold air permeate into the living room as well).

The weather here is almost consistently warm (about 30-33 degrees celsius in the day).

Edit: None of my other guitars (more particularly my Ibanez RG8) have experienced the same thing.
Quote by triface
I've been keeping it outside on a stand at room temperature. I live in a tropical country so the guitar hasn't been subjected to very cold temperatures, although I must disclaim this by saying my family sometimes turn on the air-conditioner. It is not directly in line of the air-conditioner, but it is right outside the door, so it may have been exposed to cold temperatures via diffusion (we open the doors to let the cold air permeate into the living room as well).

The weather here is almost consistently warm (about 30-33 degrees celsius in the day).

Edit: None of my other guitars (more particularly my Ibanez RG8) have experienced the same thing.

to much moisture in the wood could cause it to swell and that could cause this. cheap guitar with crappy finish

doesn't explain all the dirt though what about that?
Sorry dude but that is just neglect. I'd recommend looking into proper care of a guitar before your other one heads the same way.
Quote by SpiderM
Sorry dude but that is just neglect. I'd recommend looking into proper care of a guitar before your other one heads the same way.

i am generally not this brash, but i agree.

take care of your gear, and generally your gear takes care of you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/