Poll Options
View poll results: WELL
Yes yum
31 76%
No ew
10 24%
Voters: 41.
Page 1 of 2
I may or may not eat it, but not because of bugs. Does it taste good? Is it cheap? Etc?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If it tastes good why not.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I've eaten bugs accidentally while cycling/running, its really not that gross tbh, so yeah if it tasted good

I'm hugely in favour of bug farming for our meat/protein needs as farming them is much, much better for the environment and is mad efficient
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
if it's powdered i dont give a shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
as long as they gave the bugs a good clean first.

they must have some big vat with loads of dead bugs in water like some terrifying slurry.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Fact is any of you would eat a protein bar made out of fecal matter if you were hungry enough (and you knew it wouldn't hurt you).

Beggars can't be choosers.
peanut butter has a percentage of bugs. as do figs. basically if the package says "may contain natural flavorings" chances are you're eating bugs

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by TobusRex
Fact is any of you would eat a protein bar made out of fecal matter if you were hungry enough (and you knew it wouldn't hurt you).

Fecal matter is matter that has been stripped of its nutrients.

Squeezing blood out of a turnip, etc...
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Zaphikh
Fecal matter is matter that has been stripped of its nutrients.

Squeezing blood out of a turnip, etc...

Not so! The human body is only about 30% efficient which means 70% of the nutrients remain....
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
peanut butter has a percentage of bugs. as do figs. basically if the package says "may contain natural flavorings" chances are you're eating bugs

Everything does. Broccoli florets and cauliflower have copious amounts of insect parts per portion. The condiment pepper is absolutely loaded with bug parts (more if you don't self-grind).

Meh, it's just protein.
Quote by TobusRex

id eat a shit protein bar even if i wasnt hungry, as long as it would taste decent and wouldnt smell like shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by TobusRex
Not so! The human body is only about 30% efficient which means 70% of the nutrients remain....

Still, in an emaciated state, your immune system is at its weakest point. Eating shit would probably be the final blow to your miserable existence. Let's not try to rationalize this any further.
If its healthy and tastes okay/good than of course i'd eat it
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
I've had bbq larvae and it has the same taste and texture as lays bbq chips

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I would try it but I wouldn't buy it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Zaphikh
Still, in an emaciated state, your immune system is at its weakest point. Eating shit would probably be the final blow to your miserable existence. Let's not try to rationalize this any further.

You'd think that, huh? True story, and disgusting. There are places in China where pigs are stacked in cages 3 high. The top pig gets 100% pure corn. He craps, it goes down the shoot to the pig under him...which eats the poop. His crap goes to the pig on the bottom who chows down on "crap-crap". The pig on top is the fattest, the one in the middle is normal, and the pig on the bottom is usually emaciated. After awhile on "top" the fattest pig is butchered and they move "up" a rung.

Disgusting, huh? But at least the crap eating pigs get to have a little corn before they are killed
Eat shit and die!

Don't eat shit people
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
as long as it's not some vague gelatinous blob thing like the ones in snowpiercer. would also like to have non-insect images, just for the sake of cultural instinct to go 'ew'. make them tasty.

Like theiy're a poweder, whatever. No issue cause then it's just a protein supplement, basically. and we eat insects all the time becasue circle of life and insects become our food eventully through that same process, and it's not like bugs can't be eaten or anything. mexico has two types of crickets that get eaten, chocolate covered ants were a thing, indigenous jungle societies are known to eat them like this one mad huge spider that is like super good protein thing.

and it's like, eating crab and lobster and things. Like "ooh look at this weird hard thing that looks like a larger sunflower seed" and then you open it and it's some weird goop thing that you go "oh man. the smell, the appearance, seems super tasty gonna give it a fry and eat it"

I know the concept of eating insects is gross to westerners because it's a cultural thing we probabl did like a billion years ago so it isn't necessary.

so yeah etc
superman is killing himself tonight
You know the bugs they were eating in Lion King actually looked pretty juicy
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by TobusRex
You'd think that, huh? True story, and disgusting. There are places in China where pigs are stacked in cages 3 high. The top pig gets 100% pure corn. He craps, it goes down the shoot to the pig under him...which eats the poop. His crap goes to the pig on the bottom who chows down on "crap-crap". The pig on top is the fattest, the one in the middle is normal, and the pig on the bottom is usually emaciated. After awhile on "top" the fattest pig is butchered and they move "up" a rung.

Disgusting, huh? But at least the crap eating pigs get to have a little corn before they are killed

Quote by JamSessionFreak
id eat a shit protein bar even if i wasnt hungry, as long as it would taste decent and wouldnt smell like shit

Yeah, but you are a bear.
Quote by TobusRex

We are the 66%.
If TobusRex legitimately got Zap to sign off for the day, he's definitely the best new user.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
If TobusRex legitimately got Zap to sign off for the day, he's definitely the best new user.

Who else regales you with stories about crap eating hogs? If only you could hear the dulcet tones of my voice during the telling...
1 box of 12 is 36 dollars. Each bar only has 10g of protein. 10g! Close to nothing. That's ridiculous. I can get 120g of protein from $3 of chicken breast.
Wonder if all of you would also be so enthusiastic about eating the cockroach protein blocks from Snowpiercer

Quote by TheChaz
1 box of 12 is 36 dollars. Each bar only has 10g of protein. 10g! Close to nothing. That's ridiculous. I can get 120g of protein from $3 of chicken breast.

It's mad gimmicky.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Wonder if all of you would also be so enthusiastic about eating the cockroach protein blocks from Snowpiercer

Those people fiended after the roach bars. Even the guy making them was stuffing his face.
Quote by Dreadnought
It's mad gimmicky.

This is the true. Just looked up the nutrition facts. 1 bar has 20g fat, 23 g carbs and 10g protein. You literally might as well just eat a dark chocolate bar. They didn't make a protein bar. They made cricket candy.
No shells to pick out of your teeth, so I'm in.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Sure. And cockroaches are just the tiny lobsters of the land.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dreadnought

It's mad gimmicky.

I think the proper idea behind insects is a future food source when/if the world turns to shit and traditional meat doesn't cut it for feeding everyone. Same way it's likely in the same circumstance that we'll be eating lots of jellyfish since other fish would've either been overfished or killed off by global warming and jellyfish dgaf about temp (iirc they thrive on it, think because of the algae blooms that come with it?)

but yeah this product itself a gimmick for sure. For the nutrition, I would guess that the only way the can make it palatable is by loading it up with fats and carbs, prob wouldn't taste nice just pure insecty protein taste.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2