A recordable music CD disc to be recorded on an outboard CD burner.

I record my music from my multi track recorder onto an outboard CD burner. Then I put the CD into my PC and rip it. Then I make copies .

I've made a few albums and I want them recorded on a pretty high quality disc.

So what is it? What's a really good one. Maxwell? Memorex?

Thank you.
Either SACD or DVD-A

Both support up to 6 audio channels, so you can mix your music in 5.1 surround if you wish. Theirs no discernable difference in sound quality, but SACD's support huge 2.8224 MHz sample rate, vs DVD-A's 192kHz sample rate. DVD-A's have almost twice the storage capacity though (8.5 GB) vs SACD's 4.7GB. I'd go with whichever ones cheaper or easier to find.
Quote by yope
I've made a few albums and I want them recorded on a pretty high quality disc.

So what is it? What's a really good one. Maxwell? Memorex?
The actual disc you use will make little to no difference, it's the format in which you write the audio on the disc that makes the difference in quality.

Quote by Sceptik
Theirs no discernable difference in sound quality
:^)
Quote by Sceptik
but SACD's support huge 2.8224 MHz sample rate, vs DVD-A's 192kHz sample rate.
It's a totally different format, the difference isn't only in the sampling rate.

SACDs use DSD, which is 1bit audio sampled at 2.8 or 5.6MHz.
DVD-As use PCM, which in this case is 24bit audio sampled at 96kHz.
Quote by Sceptik
DVD-A's have almost twice the storage capacity though (8.5 GB)
They both use DVD as medium, and you can have a 4,7GB DVD-A as well.

I'd def go with a DVD-A because nobody supports dsd, and on a DVD-A you simply find high quality PCM that you can easily convert to CD quality.

I'm guessing TS was simply looking for a high quality CD.
If it would make you feel better to know you're using a high quality disk, 'cause that would be the only difference really, I'd go with verbatim or TDK.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
thanks , have been using verbatim. The recording equipment I have doesn't allow me to make stunning commercial grade quality recordings .

I have learned to make a very pleasant sounding recording though. To do this you are very limited, by that I mean you can't record more than three or four instruments before the sound starts to degrade and the dynamics are wanting.
I use a boss BR 800 they cost 450. I wish I could afford $20,000 worth of recording equipment but we do the best we can with what we have . Thanks for the information.
I use the Taiyo Yuden because the only two times I have used outside mastering studios the finished work came back on Taiyo Yuden. I had never heard of them but I figure if was good enough for them it's good enough for me. Taiyo Yuden printable CD's also work well in my rather inexpensive Epson printer that prints directly to the cd itself so the CD's look pro.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.