Page 1 of 2
Hi, I am a beginner guitar player who wants to one day become a rockstar/vocaloid star

I need prescription glasses but instead wear prescription sunglasses 24/7 (except when I'm on my laptop in bed)

I think its great training for when I'm a rockstar as it makes it a bit harder to play and I don't even notice that I'm wearing them the whole time

but my friend is saying that it could damage my eyes to be wearing sunglasses all the time. I think this is crap (and I said "maybe its beneficial to wear sunglasses all the time!")

Besides, presumably when I get a job again I won't be able to wear them anymore (although I could just make it a "thing" once I settle in)

Anyway since the subject came up, does anyone here wear sunglasses to train to become a rockstar or otherwise dress like a rockstar all the time?

I don't know any famous musicians except the girls from Babymetal but my sister said I look like Sixto Rodriguez which seems like a cool thing. I'm 30 so I guess I kinda look old like him too (not that old obviously)
Last edited by percydw at Sep 12, 2015,
I look like this 90% of the time in order to keep up my rockstar persona

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
well ideally i'll be the live backing for a japanese idol schoolgirl group

i tried to find an example but didn't really come up with the right thing

youtu.be/SIrCeb4nomw?t=319

this seems cooler

youtu.be/ZRUWlW5SSNE?t=341

yeah i know other musicians just the only ones i've ever bothered to see what what they're like in "daily life" is the babymetal girls
Quote by percydw
everyones a little bit creepy

ehhhh not sure this one's true
yeah if you wanna be a true rocker, just wear the shades all day, don't matter weather or lighting or prescription really. basically, you make sure you are never in a situation where you need prescription lenses to live. you can also get tinted glasses, like tinted windows in a car where it looks black but on your side you see (closer to) normal. nice when you gotta do a night run to the shop and can't see anything

op0-extra credit goes out to legit patches on denim vest, but if it isn't like legit 80's patches, it looks too tryhard
superman is killing himself tonight
the prescription lenses are darkened into sunglasses but i reckon if i make enough money from live gigs i can get that special eye surgery done anyway
and then just wear normal sunglasses 24/7?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
if you just want them black and don't care, jsut get a set that's black and use contacts.
Quote by Baby Joel at #33592913
if you just want them black and don't care, jsut get a set that's black and use contacts.

get normal glasses and stick black electrical tape all over the lens
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
How do you practice sunglasses
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
with the sun, duh
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by percydw
youtu.be/ZRUWlW5SSNE?t=341

Glamorous Sky is a great song and deserves better than this.

Wear contacts.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark they won't even know your name
And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark they won't even know your name
And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
oh yeah
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Bladez22
with the sun, duh

actually today i got an extra lamp out so i can see better

damn right that is a tin of sweetcorn

I can't even argue with that logic, its truly brilliant

edit: is that tesco value sweetcorn? that shit is delicious and like 30p a can
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Did you take that photo through the sunglasses? If not, why not?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by Bladez22

I can't even argue with that logic, its truly brilliant

edit: is that tesco value sweetcorn? that shit is delicious and like 30p a can

yeah but i found out all tins contain this mildly toxic substance someone told me to avoid called Bisphenol A (BPA)

i had to harrass Tesco's facebook for like 2 weeks but they finally gave me a properly reply

I am sorry about the delay.
Yes, we do use BPA. Bisphenol A (BPA) is commonly used as a starting component in the production of epoxy phenolic resins that are then used as can lining materials. All of our can linings meet the requirements of amended EC Directive 2002/72/EC (plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs). This directive quotes a specific migration limit for bis phenol A in food of 0.6mg/kg.
The European Food Standards Agency has regularly re-evaluated bis phenol A and concluded that the limit quoted provides sufficient margin of safety for protection of the consumer.
At this time there are no suitable alternative can linings available for us to use with these products and removal of these linings would expose consumers to unacceptably high levels of tin as well as increasing the risk of post process microbiological contamination. As soon as a proven alternative is available we will evaluate its performance in our products.
Kind regards
Gemma

only the thing is i had just purchased literally 50 tins of stuff so sort of put my foot in it with that one

look they're still piled up i'm slowly getting through them

some tesco/asda/etc 'value' stuff has pretty much like no difference to the brand stuff, and finding the ones that are just as good as the brand is great. you just end up saving money for not choosing a 'designer' brand

I used to get a bunch of spices and stuff from the 'value' or other store-brand. Lots of stuff really doesn't need to be fancy because i'm not cooking at a michellin restaurant or whatever.

although I hate not having a salt and pepper grinder, so that one is a bit more expensive, but yeah.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Sep 12, 2015,
yeah theres no practical difference
i'm switching back to frozen (value) veg tho after i finish these tins. frozen veg is a tiny bit more expensive and less convenient but there's zero random chemicals/preservatives added to it as far as i know (unlike tins)

what about this for an album cover

yeh most frozen value things aren't bad. i'm against the frozen bags of chicken breasts, cause itls like "20% water!" and ugh. i mean, that's why it's the value, but it's awful
BPA is just one of many mildly toxic substances I ingest. My problem with frozen veg is that its like 80% water, same with all frozen foods, you cook them and they shrink due to the water evaporating

you need to sort that bin out there mate
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine

the only acceptable sunglasses to wear all the time. monotone voice not included
pinga
What is this thread even about just what???
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Wearing sunglasses is like cruise control for cool.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Wearing sunglasses is like cruise control for cool.

I dont know what this means but I agree

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by percydw at #33593036
yeah theres no practical difference
i'm switching back to frozen (value) veg tho after i finish these tins. frozen veg is a tiny bit more expensive and less convenient but there's zero random chemicals/preservatives added to it as far as i know (unlike tins)

what about this for an album cover

You should make a separate thread for this picture. The pit will help you design album covers outa this.
When Percydw becomes a famous rockstar we can dig this thread back up and embarrass him with it.

Also if you want to wear sunglasses all the time just do it.
I have nothing important to say
Page 1 of 2