Hello everyone. I have a Stratocaster, I play any musical style that varies from blues to heavy metal (mostly Blues Rock) and I currently have a Roland Micro-Cube amp but I am looking forward to buying a multi-effect. I have a budget of about 200$.What are my best options at that price range ? I don't mind buying a used one.
A lot of people dig the Line6 Pod series and the Boss ME series. Can't go wrong with either, and it should fit in your budget no problem. With the Pods you probably want one of the "Live" ones (the ones with footswitches) and for the the MEs I'd recommend against the ME-25 since it doesn't have the best switching.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You should be able to find a Pod XT Live for maybe $125-150. The Pod X3 Live, however, is everything the XT is and more (you can run two different rigs at once, for example, and all of what were extra cost add-on Model Packs for the XT are included in the X3. It'll be a bit more than the XT.

The big shift in Pods came with the HD series (HD, HD500, HD500X), but it's going to be difficult to find a used one for $200. That's just a wee bit under what they're going for.
You can probably find a Pod HD500X for $250 used. It's worth the extra bucks. A used BOSS GT series is great, too.l IMO, they sound better than the ME series.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
You can probably find a Pod HD500X for $250 used. It's worth the extra bucks. A used BOSS GT series is great, too.l IMO, they sound better than the ME series.

I have the HD500. I just looked the US price of the 500X up and new it's $500 so I think you'd expect to pay $300+ for a used one in good shape. It's not like they wear out or anything. It looks like I need some free updates too
Moving on.....
Quote by Archer250
used BOSS GT series is great, too.l IMO, they sound better than the ME series.

The ME-80 has exactly the same COSM processing as the GT100 actually.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
The ME-80 has exactly the same COSM processing as the GT100 actually.

Hmm interesting. I confess that the last ME I've played was the 70, and I felt that the GT10 sounded better.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250

You'd be lucky to find a regular HD500 for $250. A 500X is more like $400 used. But a regular 500 is exactly the same thing just with less computing power, so you can't run a ridiculous amount of effects and an amp model at once is all.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
You'd be lucky to find a regular HD500 for $250. A 500X is more like $400 used. But a regular 500 is exactly the same thing just with less computing power, so you can't run a ridiculous amount of effects and an amp model at once is all.

Actually running ridiculous effects and an amp model is just fine. When you want to run two different amp modles in stereo with effects is where you run into situiations where you max out the capacity.
Moving on.....
I vote for the Pod HD series if you can stretch your budget a little. You're not going to run into any difficulties with playing any genre of music with the Pod.
Quote by KenG
Actually running ridiculous effects and an amp model is just fine. When you want to run two different amp modles in stereo with effects is where you run into situiations where you max out the capacity.

I had a HD500 as the bulk of me rig and I always ran into issues running a mono dual amp rig with lots of modulation and a delay. Just me I guess.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214

No wonder why that listing got an offer within the day...
Gear:
Quote by TheStig1214
I had a HD500 as the bulk of me rig and I always ran into issues running a mono dual amp rig with lots of modulation and a delay. Just me I guess.

What you're reporting is the "dual Amp" situation (I call it stereo as there are two parallel signal paths). Each one eats processor, much more than effects, if you run a single amp you can run all the effetcs you want. Have you updated your firmware at all and has it helped?
The 500X was designed especially for the additional power required for multiple amp simulations. Wish I had held out for that.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
What you're reporting is the "dual Amp" situation (I call it stereo as there are two parallel signal paths). Each one eats processor, much more than effects, if you run a single amp you can run all the effetcs you want. Have you updated your firmware at all and has it helped?
The 500X was designed especially for the additional power required for multiple amp simulations. Wish I had held out for that.

Well my HD500 is long gone as are all my itches for a multi fx. I know I was overloading it lol.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9