Hey guys! I need help on deciding what to get for a neck pickup. I have been doing this project. It's a Jim root tele body that used to be white that was painted black, got a warmoth neck made of padouk with an ebony fret board, and just ordered a bare knuckle aftermath for the bridge position. This guitar is made out of mahogany. I was thinking of maybe putting the seymour duncan sentient in the neck position but I'm not sure yet. What do you think? Thank you!
What's your tonal goal?

What's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
well with the aftermath im trying to get that really tight high gain kind of huge sound (i dont know if you get what im saying but hopefully! haha) and with the neck i want to get something that can pull of a good clean and still have some good high gain lead sounds. smooth
The Cold Sweat neck is a popular choice if you wanted another BKP.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I was trying to go with something a little cheaper than another bareknuckle thats why i was thinking the sentient
SD Black winter.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah i was gonna say the cold sweat but if it's too dear, no problem.

is the clean more important or the high gain leads?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess the high gain leads but I'd really like something that could get a good clean tone too. something that would make the guitar fairly versatile
kiesel lithium neck pickup?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by mcchinnigan
I guess the high gain leads but I'd really like something that could get a good clean tone too. something that would make the guitar fairly versatile

Black Winters. Seriously versatile pickups.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Either a Seymour Duncan Black Winter or Sentient will get you there- both pickups sound good clean and with a lot of gain. If you don't want something as high of an output, even the Jazz sounds amazing distorted too.
Quote by mcchinnigan

Thanks. I haven't tried those newer models like the sentient etc., but like Mincer said, I was gonna say the Jazz might be worth a try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys for all of your help! So you think that the sentient would pair well with the aftermath?