Which amp is best with dirt/delay/reverb pedals, are they both the same, or is the C1/HW1 with Green speakers better?

I have no idea which one to pick but I need it to be suitable with pedals especially the handwired version due to no reverb/tremolo settings on the amp itself.
Last edited by marklcfc at Sep 13, 2015,
Quote by marklcfc
Which amp is best with dirt/delay/reverb pedals, are they both the same, or is the C1/HW1 with Green speakers better?

I have no idea which one to pick but I need it to be suitable with pedals especially the handwired version due to no reverb/tremolo settings on the amp itself.

Both should be ok with dirt pedals but may not sound good with reverb/delay modulation pedals since they can only be used at the front, as they have no effects loop.

If reverb/delay is important, but you want the amp's overdrive, I think without effects loop you may not get the best tone out of it.

Else, you will have to set it clean, use a dirt pedal's tone then followed by a reverb pedal. But if you do this, might as well just use any other clean amp.
Well the HW series is handwired and uses significantly better parts and will of course sound better.

As far as speakers go, the blues are what people think of when they think of what a Vox AC should sound like. They've got that bell like chime that everyone refers to when talking about Vox.

The greens are just as good, but they've got more of a midrange grunt to them and will give it a bit more of a Marshall tone.

Either way, they both take pedals reasonably well, although if you're running your volume really high reverbs and delays can start to distort unless the amp has an FX loop.
Many people run dirt and delay pedals into the front of an AC and they get good results. I'm always one to use effects loops but the 15 would be fine with running the pedals in front. Of course the more dirt you have from the amp the more messy your sound might be.
Quote by Will Lane
Many people run dirt and delay pedals into the front of an AC and they get good results. I'm always one to use effects loops but the 15 would be fine with running the pedals in front. Of course the more dirt you have from the amp the more messy your sound might be.

Very true. I play a Morgan AC20 (it's a 20 watt clone of the AC30s normal channel) and I'm running both delay and verb through the front. Sounds totally fine unless I really push the amp hard. Even when the delay/verb do start to break up the sound isn't bad, it's just not pristine.