Hi

After some long discussions and plenty of valuable advice from folks here, I have reached the final decision on my new guitar and amp... I will get the LTD EC1000S and the Laney IRT15H... Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to get both at same time.. I will need few months in between to reserve cash... Which one to get first considering my current guitar (Ibanez RG320FM standard) and amp (Marshal VS30R) ??
That's a no brainer. Your tone will improve significantly with a new amp, not a new guitar. *lol*

The LTD is just another dual humbucker, you probably won't get that much difference from your current ibanez, especially with the current amp you have.
agree with sfx. even the best guitar will only sound so good though a crap amp. a good amp can make most guitars at least live up to their potential.
I'll go a little bit different. Is your biggest problem with your current set-up playability? Get the guitar first. If you just want to make everything sound better than...yeah, absolutely go with the amp first.

It's really the difference between whether you want to increase the playability or the tone. Usually everyone on this forum leans towards tone (Which makes sense, if you're looking to play better, there are other forums for that).
Quote by tfizzle20
I'll go a little bit different. Is your biggest problem with your current set-up playability? Get the guitar first. If you just want to make everything sound better than...yeah, absolutely go with the amp first.

It's really the difference between whether you want to increase the playability or the tone. Usually everyone on this forum leans towards tone (Which makes sense, if you're looking to play better, there are other forums for that).

we lean toward tone here because it doesn't matter how well your guitar plays if the results sound like shit. i think you'll find that most also advocate for a properly setup guitar which most often cures playability woes.
Yeah but ibanez pickups...

I do agree with a new amp first, I spent a long time buying guitars first before getting a better amp.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals