Just got home, just browsing Yahoo News and then I see THIS on the front page...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kamilah-brock-nypd-bmw_55f2c9aae4b063ecbfa3e60d

http://news.yahoo.com/lawsuit-cops-put-black-woman-223206953.html

Brock says police told her to come back for her BMW the next day, but when she arrived back at the station she claims they tricked her into being cuffed, telling her they were bringing her to get her vehicle.

Next thing she knew, paramedics were putting her in an ambulance bound for a mental health facility. The police apparently believed that Brock, whose lawyer says she has zero history of mental health problems, was delusional and did not actually have a BMW.

wat

I'm both laughing my ass off and in utter disbelief....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 14, 2015,
all bmw owners should be forced into a psych ward asap

tbh

^damnit i was gonna inb4 that

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Apparently she's a banker, too. That's doubling up on being a terrible human being.
Quote by Article
Medical records also show that over the course of her eight-day stay, personnel at the hospital repeatedly tried to get Brock to deny three things before she could be released: that she owned the BMW, that she was a professional banker, and that President Barack Obama followed her on Twitter.

Surely there's no other way of finding out this information other than drugging her.
Quote by MinterMan22
all bmw owners should be forced into a psych ward asap

tbh

Agreed.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Surely there's no other way of finding out this information other than drugging her.

If only vehicles had a document of legal ownership that is stored in some type of government database...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
what the ****
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33594656
If only vehicles had a document of legal ownership that is stored in some type of government database...

let's not get ahead of ourselves.. this is the nypd we're talking about here
i told my brother about this incident and he thought I was lying because when it happened, he thought obama didn't have an official twitter at that point.

and i was like 'seriously this is legit sourced news wtf' and my brother typically gave the biased "we shouldn't assume the best of people because some people are bad" thought process

really screwed up though for that to happen. no information passed between officers that her claims are true and don't just say "lol ur black in a bmw and u r followed by obama h h aha ha if i had a nickel every time I heard that one"

not all cops are bad, but some definitely have pre-dispositions that prevents the american legal system of operating under its own simple core truth, innocent until proven guilty. her being a black woman is not proof of guilt

america why do you suck aahghaghhghag
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Isn't this pretty old news. I feel like this happened a year or so ago
it happened a while ago, but I think legal stuff is happening now. like how an article could come up talking about another fatality of unarmed black man, but it happened four months ago, and only now the details and stuff are legit instead of early speculation.

i think that's why at least
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
...and i was like 'seriously this is legit sourced news wtf' and my brother typically gave the biased "we shouldn't assume the best of people because some people are bad" thought process

what is up with your bro

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I feel like there's probably more to the story, because while some NYPD cops are retards (see: James Blake getting tackled while waiting for his car to the US Open) sticking her in a mental hospital just for driving a BMW seems farfetched.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33594682
I feel like there's probably more to the story, because while some NYPD cops are retards (see: James Blake getting tackled while waiting for his car to the US Open) sticking her in a mental hospital just for driving a BMW seems farfetched.

Yea I agree, so many unanswered questions and the whole situation isn't making any sense.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
what is up with your bro

part of him is sensible in the fact that he plays devil's advocate. he'll look at stats and stuff, and read the fine print to see how the survey was distributed, so it's easier to tell if it's manipulated to fit the bias

but then he goes all "lol stupid sjw's making everything a big deal when there are these things going on" and I'm like (in my head) "apparently peopl who want social justice, are the worst people. ok." and then I also hang my head in recognition of the use of SJW and how it has meant passionate angry fake arguing, and now it encompasses people who write more than four sentences to explain why they think social justice for [x] needs to be recognised.

also he's inherently conservative, and probably more so when it comes to social issues, than the rest of my family. I think most of us have similar opinions about social issues (i hope so at least lol. like idk fi you are religious, but you can't hold people to your standard when it isn't 100% better. be cool to them and apply your beliefs to yourself so you realise that maybe god is more accepting than the rigid magdalene-esque brutality that has been justified using doctrine.

but yeah it's weird. I was jsut really kind of surprised. sometimes he does devil's advocate just to say, btw i've seen this study and it has this contrasting info, just for context. but the way he says it comes off as persuading and manipulating, so i get pissed that he's saying a stupid thing, and we are both arguing for the same point while simultaneously completely misunderstanding the other one's point. which is the same one made, just different methods of expression

basically we're both stubborn and i hate that he can pull out studies and articles and huge amounts of detailed explanations, and i'm like "i feel like cops need to be nicer to everyone regardless" and itls like well actually, some places are just crap and cops should feel that the badge and 'loyalty' or whatever given to the law, allows them to have justified self-defence killing, but then it's "well when is it last resort, and when is it just 'agh threat instant reaction gun shoot boom dead" and it's unclear if it owuld have led to that otherwise.

idk he's one to support the opposing side because it often gets manipulated to be 'they are all evil' media hype.
it's all coming back

he also tends to support police action in response to threat, which isn't bad, but he is ok with the police action being excessive because it was at least necessary.

like with radio raheem, if you are on the ground, weighted by several cops so you can't move, and they get you cuffed, restricting his air flow as a means of subduction is probably ok to not use at some point, instead of just waiting till the guy suffocates and dies. Was he a violent threat to the other guy? yeah, but if you can get him in cuffs the shooting is unjustified.
it's all coming back

but yeah he's got his views i've got mine, and at least i know he doesn't just read fox news you know. he goes through a few sources
it's all coming back

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Apparently she's a banker, too. That's doubling up on being a terrible human being.

lol
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I think there's more to this story than is being reported. And I am not surprised that people are playing the race card here, as usual.
I have nothing important to say