Now that I had to settle for an RG for a year, it's time for an upgrade. I'm a die hard Metallica fan, I love their live sound from like 1997 ish. Basically I play that kind of metal, and some more hardcore stuff here and there. I've come across a few used amps for a relatively lower price. A Mesa Nomad 100, single rectifier, traynor ycs100, Laney irt60h, peavey 6505+ and a peavey xxx. Which has a good, full sounding clean channel and a really high gain overdrive that has a lot of low end and not muddy and with a decent amount of mids. I'm mainly stuck between the nomad and the rectifier but I haven't found many nomad videos to compare, nor can I play them anywhere near me. All help is appreciated.
Would you follow the directions in this thread so we can better help you? - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Absolutely

Basically id love like somewhere close to James Hetfield's tone from the late 90s to now.

I don't really play out much but I'd very much like to do if it can handle that I'd prefer it.

I'm right outside of Philadelphia.

Right now I have a line 6 spider 4 combo which runs into a fender bass combo that goes into the power amp of the RG. (I know it's overkill but the RG sucks and this setup sounds great). Guitars are charvel desolation, fender strat, squier strat. Getting an ESP explorer soon. Effects are TC Electronic G Major (original), ART EQ351.

Hope that helps
what is your budget?

from whats there, i would probably scratch the XXX off of the list, and i am not sure about the nomad (never played one), but when i think that era of metallica, i generally think mesa rec.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yeah the mesa single recto would be my first choice of your list TS.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Single rec then the 6505+ then the IRT60,

Are you going to be using your current gear as a cab? Or are you getting a separate cab as well?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
RG cab. Unless there's a better one I could get if I sold that one for like 300-320 ish?
Quote by AOD3
RG cab. Unless there's a better one I could get if I sold that one for like 300-320 ish?

you can find a decent cab for pretty cheap local if you are patient. i have four cabs i paid under $250 for that all came with celestions (most british at that), on avatar, one kustom, two older peaveys (K85's). hard to beat.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/