I've heard the Edwards guitars are considered to be better than LTD's, but these two being close in price I was wondering if anyone might know if there is a difference in quality between the two? Obviously I know the differences in features, but was more or less just looking for opinions on the quality...NOT the looks haha, I know these are quite ugly to most. thanks

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/44234/

VS.

http://www.espguitars.com/products/13494-frx-401-blk?category_id=1965184-frx-series-guitars-3
i can't speak for either, but from the LTD's i owned, the EC400 was significantly better than the EC401. they changed factories, and i think the 400 was built better. i do realize that you are not interested in the EC's, but i assume all of the production went there.

i haven't ever played an Edwards, sorry i can't help better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Earlier Edwards are Japanese made as far as I know...which pretty much is better that anywhere else in my experience - including USA

But, the newer ones are Chinese...*cough*

LTD's are hit and miss...some really well made ones, and some real crap.
Last edited by pressureproject at Sep 14, 2015,
I can only go by what I've heard and that is that Edwards is far better quality than LTD
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by pressureproject
Earlier Edwards are Japanese made as far as I know...which pretty much is better that anywhere else in my experience - including USA

But, the newer ones are Chinese...*cough*

I keep hearing this, and it's incorrect. Yes, they were Chinese made for a few years in the late 2000's/early 2010's, but they're now fully MIJ again. The Edwards are a lot better than the LTDs in general. In some cases a lot more, in some cases not so much. Every guitar's different of course. It's a quality and finish thing, better crowned frets and such.
From what I remember Edwards had production split between China and Japan. The wood work was done in China to save $. Then the finishing and hardware installation (frets, pups, bridge, etc.) was finished and set up in Japan.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
^ Yeah, that's what I've heard in the past, though dragonzmetal may well be correct that they've reverted to Japan exclusively again (that's not the first time I've heard that). If they have I'd likely prefer the Edwards (having not tried either model mentioned, I should clarify), but it does depend on how much of a price difference there is. If they haven't, I'd still likely prefer the Edwards, but I wouldn't pay a ton more for one, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The LTD does look tasty and id probs pick that one out the two.

(not a floyd rose fan though)
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals