here they are, sniped really cheap on reverb, i got three others two weeks ago, and ordered two more tonight.

a Fulltone GT500 and a Visual Sound Double Trouble.

first things first, the Fulltone GT500. the cool thing is that it is #510, and of the first version. it has independent OD and distortion, and you can stack them either way via switch. the knobs are EXTREMELY sensitive, the mids knob on the distortion side is actually a fasel inductor, so it has a weird sweep type thing on the mids. super versatile. the overdrive side is a pretty straight forward OD. again, the knobs have a good range. as far as stacking goes, i prefer the OD->distortion. i bought this to fill in a niche.

i am going to start playing at some local hospitals, rehabs and ALF's with kind of an instrumental blues type of thing, and don't want to carry much, so this is going to run into my 1x12" hybrid ampeg amp. it sounds good. i remember the times i have been in the hospital how its so nice for somebody to bring some music (or even a dog) can boost morale.

now for the visual sound double trouble. two identical independent tubescreamers with a bass boost. i picked this one up i think for ~$70, and figured for two tube screamers for that price is a good deal . hell i stack OD's all the time. it seemed to be a good deal. the bass boost is nice, they stack well, but i wish they had a bit more volume to them for boosting individually. the only other con with this is that it is huge. for a reason i do not now.

there they are!

after the other pedals i bought tonight (as in two hours ago) come in i will put up a shot of all of my pedals.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sweet! I've never tried the Double Trouble but I love the GT500, killer pedal. Hope you have plenty of pedalboard real estate.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Great score! I don't have any experience with the Double Trouble,me other, but if it is anything like it's cousin, the Jekyll & Hyde, you're going to love it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by lucky1978
Sweet! I've never tried the Double Trouble but I love the GT500, killer pedal. Hope you have plenty of pedalboard real estate.

haha. since i have my gear spread across my house and studio, with four main rigs, i am actually spread thin on most things. OD's i am OK with though now.

the double trouble is nice, and after playing it the last bit, i came to appreciate how quiet it is. even at high settings there is hardly any hum, hiss, or buzz.

the GT-500 is really sweet, i am using that with a clean amp, as it gets me two for one. it is insanely tweakable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Great score! I don't have any experience with the Double Trouble,me other, but if it is anything like it's cousin, the Jekyll & Hyde, you're going to love it.

i do love it. i know one half of the J&H is TS based, what is the other half based on?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
The J&H is a OD/Dist, so there is only one OD, that being the aforementioned TS 808 variant. AFAIK, the distortion is their own thing. At least, nobody has claimed to resembles anyone else's distortion pedal sounds.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/visual_sound/jekyll_and_hyde_ultimate_overdrive?no_takeover
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
The J&H is a OD/Dist, so there is only one OD, that being the aforementioned TS 808 variant. AFAIK, the distortion is their own thing. At least, nobody has claimed to resembles anyone else's distortion pedal sounds.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/visual_sound/jekyll_and_hyde_ultimate_overdrive?no_takeover

cool, thanks! i may have to look into one of those. hell if its on par with the double trouble, i am in. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I have the V2 and I love it. However, you might consider getting the V3 version, from the renamed company, TrueTone:

http://truetone.com/v3-series/jekyll-hyde/

To me, it seems as if they've done some upgrading.

• Each channel can be set to either True Bypass mode or buffered, via internal switches. The buffered mode utilizes our legendary Pure Tone circuit.
• Features the custom designed Forever Footswitch rated for 10 million hits. This interacts with relays having gold-plated contacts.
• Lifetime Warranty... even for second or third owners.
• Separate inputs and outputs so each side of the pedal can be used in a loop device, or midi switcher. Also possible to reverse the order of effects with a patch cable. Just like having 2 pedals, but in 1 housing.
• Small, pedal board friendly size, with front mounted jacks. Smaller footprint than 2 MXR or similar sized pedals.
• Comes in a black velvet bag inside the package box.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 14, 2015,
Nice

I've got the route 808 and it has a fair bit more level boost on tap than a regular tubescreamer. Kind of ironic since they're used as a boost so much, a TS doesn't actually have that much level boost on tap

Quote by dannyalcatraz

It's a marshall shredmaster. Pretty much everyone claims it is.

What about the fulltone? Any idea what the OD and dist in it are based on?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

It's a marshall shredmaster. Pretty much everyone claims it is.

I've never seen any claims about its origins.

yeah a gripe i have with those pedals is in person they are SHOCKINGLY large. even the single pedals are way bigger in person than in pics. what are they thinking. no reason to be that big.

except for one. when tehy are on somebodys board, they are SOOOOO big, guitarists in the crowd can see what you have. free marketing.

thats cool to sell more pedals. its absolutely ra*ing my pedalboard space. hence why i will never own one.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
^ Yeah even the single ones are big (and pretty obnoxious in terms of the shape and colour scheme). Luckily enough I can fit it on ok, I'm not really in any trouble there, but if I were in need of more space it could well be a deal-breaker.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've never seen any claims about its origins.

Maybe it's on other forums I've seen it. But I thought it was common knowledge it was a shredmaster.

e.g.

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7918&p=82845&hilit=hyde&#p83384

I know that's the reverse-engineering/diy forum, but on the fretboard forum (which is more like UG, it has some DIY badasses but most are just regular guitar players like you and me) pretty much everyone knows it's a shredmaster as well.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 14, 2015,
See, I never look at the reverse engineering stuff...unless there's a mob with pitchforks & torches going after someone for lies about their design origins.

LOL

I'm just kind of interested- both because I don't want to get ripped by someone trying to get money for old rope (or because I essentially already have the pedal!), but also because I like to know what options I have, in case I know I like a circuit but maybe one company has some extra features I'd appreciate etc..

That's pretty much why I got the route 808- I was well aware it's more or less a tubescreamer, but it has a well-regarded buffer, a reliable switch, a bit more level boost available on tap, a bit more brightness available, and a bass boost switch (which I never use ).

EDIT: Oh and Thomann was blowing it out for a price I was willing to pay. That's probably the main reason.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 14, 2015,
Life is full of little compromises.

yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the double trouble but didn't overly care for it, so I picked up the jekyl and Hyde and love it. Maybe I should bust out the DT again though.
HNPD! I just picked up a Fulldrive 2, an overdrive and a boost all rolled into one (not altogether different from the GT-500). Awesome pedal, this is my first Fulltone and if they are consistently this good, I can see grabbing more!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
HNPD! I just picked up a Fulldrive 2, an overdrive and a boost all rolled into one (not altogether different from the GT-500). Awesome pedal, this is my first Fulltone and if they are consistently this good, I can see grabbing more!

i bought a fulldrive 2 about a week before i got these in, as well as a voodoo lab tremolo, and a malekko chorus. the fulldrive 2 is awesome.

i am definitely a fan of fulltone. oddly the pedal [that i assume] would be most known to be their worst, is the OCD. i have the OCD, Clyde wah, GT-500, and the fulldrive 2. as far as the OCD, it just doesn't agree with me. it still comes in handy though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
BTW, the reissued J&H reminded me that Visual Sound/TrueTone also created a dual OD pedal that is kind of the spiritual successor to the Double Trouble, but, as with the J&H, with more stuff:

TrueTone VS-XO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtohGQrMN9A&sns=em