Page 1 of 2
Cunts calling you every day, wanting things. Friends and/or lovers calling all the time, wanting to hang out. Parents calling you every second hour of the day, asking how you are or if you could do thing for them. Etc.

Do you ever get sick of it?

Not really of the people but just constantly being accessible to anyone who wants something? Do you ever feel like just turning your phone off for a few days?

edit: Okay since the Pit isn't the biggest gathering of socially active people, let's extend this to Facebook or any other messaging service. Basically, do you get tired of people constantly being able to get a hold of you?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Sep 14, 2015,
No because no one talks to me

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No because no one talks to me

Also this
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I wish I had people to be an ignoring dick to.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Ok maybe making this thread in the Pit wasn't such a good idea...

edit: It doesn't have to be all like 'yo rapture wanna go to the cashest party ever'. Job stuff, telemarketers, strangers, whatever makes you pick up the phone more than you'd like to.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Sep 14, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Ok maybe making this thread in the Pit wasn't such a good idea...

I honestly don't know what you were expecting?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Yeah, but I tend to not pay much attention to my phone most of the day. I don't feel like being accessible 24/7, so people who want to contact me just have to get used to me not being at their disposal constantly. Can't say that I feel bad about that, honestly. The fact that someone's not there with you, probably implies they're doing something else, so I don't think you can expect people to be stand-by constantly just in case you'll contact them

That being said, I always pick up when being called (or call back right away when I've missed a call), so that would be anyone's best bet of contacting me quickly. Luckily most people tend to use text/whatsapp nowadays, so I don't always have to respond immediately. It's also rarely something very urgent, so there's that.
Nah I get sick of the people sometimes. Also I hate when I get a text and it says 'ok'. What a pointless thing to say.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I hate staring at my phone all day wishing someone, anyone, would call.

Then the phone rings.

1-800-xxx-xxxx

Me: Hey guy!!

Robo-babe: You've won a free trip to some awesome place!

Me: Al****ingright! Tell me more! Would you like to accompany me on this awesome trip to this awesome place!? You sound like quite the babe I must say!
^Yah somehow robots have my number trying to sell me stuff so I hate answering random numbers
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, but I tend to not pay much attention to my phone most of the day. I don't feel like being accessible 24/7, so people who want to contact me just have to get used to me not being at their disposal constantly. Can't say that I feel bad about that, honestly. The fact that someone's not there with you, probably implies they're doing something else, so I don't think you can expect people to be stand-by constantly just in case you'll contact them

I do though. But...

Quote by ultimate-slash
That being said, I always pick up when being called (or call back right away when I've missed a call), so that would be anyone's best bet of contacting me quickly. Luckily most people tend to use text/whatsapp nowadays, so I don't always have to respond immediately. It's also rarely something very urgent, so there's that.

...I don't because I'm a cunt. I feel bad about it but sometimes I just can't handle telling someone to fuck off over the phone.

I'd like it if more people just texted me instead of calling. If I want to hang out I'll probably check my phone anyway.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Nah because how would I be able to roast my mates in the group chat, or keep in touch with my squad if I didn't have my phone on me all day?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I hate getting calls from unknown numbers I'll usually ignore them the entire time.

I hate getting emails on my phone from recruitment sites that won't let me unsubscribe and just random updates from shit I can't seem to unsubscribe from.

Sometimes I just cant be bothered to reply to people even though I have to out of courtesy but invariably when I want attention, no one will reply to me.

Quote by SMH07
Nah because how would I be able to roast my mates in the group chat, or keep in touch with my squad if I didn't have my phone on me all day?

Is your group chat called 50 Shades of The Uni Lad Banter Cheeky Nandos Bible [various emojis]

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 14, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hate getting calls from unknown numbers I'll usually ignore them the entire time.

I hate getting emails on my phone from recruitment sites that won't let me unsubscribe and just random updates from shit I can't seem to unsubscribe from.

Sometimes I just cant be bothered to reply to people even though I have to out of courtesy but invariably when I want attention, no one will reply to me.

There you go

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I can't relate to the phone bit but sometimes I just mute my group chats when I can't be arsed responding
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
As a usable and practical device that can do a lot of different things is a somewhat small package, no.

As a device for communicating with people that I have to on a daily basis I want to throw it down into the lava pit of Mount Doom.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is your group chat called 50 Shades of The Uni Lad Banter Cheeky Nandos Bible [various emojis]

It's called The Society of Top Banter & Top Shaggers 😂😂😂🙌👍👌👌👌💪💪
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33594974
i could trade my phone for a watch and not notice the difference honestly

like this?
Last edited by Gatecrasher53 at Sep 14, 2015,
no one calls or texts me, so it's cool.

my phone is really good for playing music and going on the internet in one pocket device.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I like it a lot for music, etc. It's also convenient when you do need to meet someone, or someone needs to contact you about something important. But there are definitely times where I think about just getting rid of it entirely. I feel like I'm missing a lot of what is going on around me because of my phone.

I used to be on it constantly. To the point where it was all I'd do. Now I'm getting a little better. And big surprise, I'm enjoying actually doing things and interacting with people in person rather than looking at a phone.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
no
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No. I can turn the ringer/notifications off when I want.

My phone is for my convenience.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My phone mostly serves as a web browser and a really large watch that I keep in my pocket. I don't really like being bothered by phone calls and I hate texting. It's good to have if I need to call 9-1-1 I guess.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I just never pick up numbers I don't recognize. Or people who I don't want to talk to. If I'm desperate, I'll put my phone on silent.

Honestly the worst bit about owning a smart phone is constantly checking the Internet for something interesting to pop up and being bored when nothing happens.
I really hate when people call me on the phone. It's so "talk to me now!" I much prefer being texted. If you text me, I don't care how often you do it, because I can choose when to respond to you. If you call me, it is often perceived as an interruption for me. Which can definitely be justified though as well.
I don't get the staring into the phone bit. If I'm using it, it's either because I'm talking / texting or because I'm listening to music. I guess if I'm constrained to being at a specific place while waiting for something I'll check a Wiki article or two, otherwise I'd rather put some choons on and walk about to pass the time.

And sure I can turn off the ringing, which is incidentally what I'm doing right now, but I feel bad about ignoring people. Not enough to stop doing it though.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
It's useful for giving you something to do while you're waiting for something or checking email pretty much whenever.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I hate the fact that people assume I check my phone and face book constantly. I've told so many people that I check it once or twice a week at most,and they never believe me, then get pissy because I don't reply

Call me or something you brain dead fvckers, it's not my fault you're glued to shit book and I'm not
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Barely anyone tries to get in touch with me and I'm ok with that.

One thing I absolutely hate is trying to have a text conversation with someone, like when having to talk to girls and shit. I'd much rather talk to someone in person then having to stop and look at my phone every 3 minutes when I'm trying to do something. Usually when I text friends though it's just a quick way with making plans.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Barely anyone tries to get in touch with me and I'm ok with that.

One thing I absolutely hate is trying to have a text conversation with someone, like when having to talk to girls and shit. I'd much rather talk to someone in person then having to stop and look at my phone every 3 minutes when I'm trying to do something. Usually when I text friends though it's just a quick way with making plans.

My personal rule is if it goes over 3 texts it's phone call time. Text is great for quick comments, questions etc. It's a crappy conversation method. (Boring meetings where you can text surreptitiously are the exception!)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I am not socially active at all. So I got bothered very little. However, when it does happen it is immediately a shitstorm. Had 80 unread messages Saturday afternoon when I woke up. 2 groups suddenly had things to discuss apparently.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I get like 100 calls a day from telemarketers, debt collectors, scams, etc. so yeah I wish I could throw it off a fucking mountain.
Page 1 of 2