I am looking for a very specific type of guitar. However, I don't know if such a guitar exists and if it would be mass-produced.. Below I've listed some of the desired specs that I'm looking for in said guitar. If any of you possibly know of a guitar that contains most or all of these specs, please let me know!

- Semi-hollow or hollow body
- Humbuckers with coil-tapping capability
- Bulkier 50's-style neck with satin finish (no preference on fretboard material)
- Bigsby tremolo
- Double-bound body
- Pickup selector switch on upper bout

Does such a guitar exist? I understand that some of these mods can be made after initial purchase, but it's worth a shot. Figured I'd ask the kind people of Ultimate-Guitar if they knew of such a beast. Thanks for all your help in advance!
You could probably take a Gibson or Epi hollowbody with everything you want except coil taps and mod it to do so. Installing coil taps isn't terribly hard (maybe a little more so if you have a hollow body with no back plate) if you have splitable pickups.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I HAVE done the research, but to no avail. I have yet to find a guitar that meets all of the aforementioned criteria. I also HAVE searched on Musician's Friend and I HAVE used the filters to narrow it down, however I still have not found a guitar that meets all of the aforementioned criteria.

I thought I could ask on here and hopefully get some helpful information.
As far as the Gibby and Epi semi-hollow bodies and the Hagstrom Vikings are concerned, those guitars do possess most of the qualities that I am looking for. However, in both instances I would still have to do some modifications myself to meet the other specs on my wish list. I just wasn't sure if there was a guitar out there that was factory built to all of those specs listed above.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 14, 2015,
the guitars suggested have everything on your list except for the coil taping.

there are common guitars out there that fit 98% percent of your specs, but if you don't want to take care of the remaining 2% yourself or pay someone to do it, then i suggest a custom build. also, with a custom build you can work with the builder to refine your specs even more for a complete turn key solution.

custom shop/boutique luthiery is exactly tailored to build guitars that don't exist.
Last edited by ad_works at Sep 16, 2015,
There's also these:

Seymour Duncan

I do not have any personal experience with them, but they look like a cheaper, less-invasive alternative to re-wiring your pickups.
American G&L ASAT Deluxe with Bigsby would get you everything except switch on the upper bout if you like Tele shapes