Looking for a Gibson electric guitar with a thin-u neck to replace my SG, which has a fat neck. My reason is comfort, I find the large neck on my guitar uncomfortable and wish to find a replacement that will meet my standards for sound, i.e. what the SG delivers, minus the neck on it. My favorite neck is thin-u. Which models of Gibby have a thin-u neck?
None.

The LP Classic and the 61 SG have an extra thin (for Gibson) C, but they do not make any guitars with a U profile neck.
Gibson doesn't make it, but ESP more than likely does.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
ESP will have what you're looking for. They make models similar to the LP and SG both with active and passive pickups.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Don't know of a Gibson but the Epiphone Prophecy SG series or the ESP/LTD Viper series may work for you.

EDIT: Would the SG Xtra Slim or Futura models do what you need? They don't specifically list the profile shape of the neck but they are thinner.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Last edited by metalmingee at Sep 14, 2015,
I was also going to recommend an ESP/LTD viper. The body is a little more swept than an SG, but they still rock.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by andersondb7
Looking for a Gibson electric guitar with a thin-u neck to replace my SG, which has a fat neck. My reason is comfort, I find the large neck on my guitar uncomfortable and wish to find a replacement that will meet my standards for sound, i.e. what the SG delivers, minus the neck on it. My favorite neck is thin-u. Which models of Gibby have a thin-u neck?

None. You need a different manufacturer. You can find the guitar you want elsewhere and put Gibson pickups on it.
ESP/LTD/Edwards, Fernandes/Burny, DBZ...pretty much any company that caters to the hard rock/metal set offering a LPclone will have at least one in the product lineup with a skinnier neck than a Gibson will have.

...and some may even offer them with lower output HBs, stock.

However, they may also have more traditional models as well, so do your research.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 14, 2015,
I heard Gibsons coats their truss rods in blood so the neck gets thicker with age.
This is the first I've heard of truss rod tumescence...

BUT I BELIEVE!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!