I need some help with a setup. I am a lead guitarist for a heavy rock country band similar to Jason Aldean/Brantley Gilbert. We get pretty heavy with distortions and leads. So currently I'm running through a Fender Deville 410 with a Line 6 POD HD500x (super hard to work with but when dialed in right sounds amazing). However I am scrapping the pod. Buying a Mesa Dual Rec Stack for the dirty channels and want to run the devile for clean reverb. What is the most effective way to easily switch between the two on the fly?
Get an A/B or A/B/Y box, or wire your own. They're super simple and made for exactly what you want to do. You plug your guitar (or pedalboard) into the input, then run an instrument cable from each output into the input on each amp. The pedal then switches between the two.

An A/B box will switch between the two with one footswitch, an A/B/Y adds another switch that lets you use both at once. The "both" option is worth having, IMO.
Quote by Harrisratx
Thanks Roc! Any brand you would recommend?

The Morley one is the one I see most. You could probably build one if you're handy with a soldering iron for cheaper.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The most basic A/B/Y is just two switches and three jacks in a box, making most of them essentially indistinguishable from the rest. Any homemade ebay one should be the same as any other, and the big-brand units tend to be marked up more, or introduce a lot of stuff that you probably don't need at a much higher price (Boss, for example). The Morley one is decent, T1M are well priced with good parts. http://this1smyne.com/shop/category/routers/

Making your own is an option and a great way to learn how to solder, if you have any interest in learning how to do that for pickup installation or making your own pedals in the future.

The really expensive ones like the Decibel 11 listed above are total overkill for what most people need. Most of the time there's no functional difference between the $30 eBay special and the $150 D11.
i was just in your other thread. my tremoverb gets just as good of cleans as a deville. it would be much easier to just lug the mesa to a show.

recording is a different story, but

if you are set on an AB/Y, i would look into the radial engineering big shot. i have had one since '05 and it is great. it has the switches on it that cut down the noise from hiss/hum (lift, 180, and iso).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i was just in your other thread. my tremoverb gets just as good of cleans as a deville. it would be much easier to just lug the mesa to a show.

recording is a different story, but

if you are set on an AB/Y, i would look into the radial engineering big shot. i have had one since '05 and it is great. it has the switches on it that cut down the noise from hiss/hum (lift, 180, and iso).

+1

All you need is one good amp really
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
+1

All you need is one good amp really

BLASPHEMY!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
BLASPHEMY!!

i meant for the stage, of course. At home, that's a different story...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Harrisratx
I need some help with a setup. I am a lead guitarist for a heavy rock country band similar to Jason Aldean/Brantley Gilbert. We get pretty heavy with distortions and leads. So currently I'm running through a Fender Deville 410 with a Line 6 POD HD500x (super hard to work with but when dialed in right sounds amazing). However I am scrapping the pod.

That may be a mistake. The Pod is already set up with two outputs, and you can simply send one output to one amp, the second output to the second amp. Job done.

On the other hand:

Part of the reason the Pod is set up with stereo outputs is that you can run two completely separate rigs (clean -- like the DeVille, and dirty -- like the Dual Rec) at one time.

If you want a bit more of one than the other, you can set up a user preset that will increase the volume on one rig and decrease it on the other OR if you have the outputs running into a stereo power amp, you can run one hard right, the other hard left (most stereo power amps will allow you to run either stereo output or bridged/mono if you prefer). Or set up two presets with the same setup, but with the balance skewed from one to the other.

If you got a bit of assistance setting up your Pod (I know, this is like asking another guy how to grill a steak...), you could run into a single cabinet (preferably an FRFR cab, you no longer really need "guitar" cabinets), two similar cabinets (I occasionally run a stack of fEARful 15/6/1's, but usually only when I need insane stage volume for some reason), direct to the PA mixer (you'll want a monitor, of course) or wherever else you like.
I just picked up a fender micro ab/y. It's tiny and does the trick.