For 5150/6505

Maxon OD808, MXR GT-OD, Green Rhino, MXR badass OD, SD 805, Maxon OD-820?
what are you trying to do? boost, focus and tighten up?

I'm guessing somethign tubescreamer-ish or sd1-ish, but i haven't tried them with the 6505. you probably don't need one with tons of options (since the regular ts circuit will do what you want) and you probably don't need to pay tons of money for the "real thing" (talking about the tubescreamer here). other than that, it's pretty much up to you, you shouldn't go too far wrong with any of them (I don't think the 820 is tubescreamer-based so probably avoid it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
CMAT mods SIGNA drive . screamer circuit with a bunch more flexibility. actually the chip it uses is one of the most boutique, desireable screamer chips available (aside from the full replica versions which cost like 300 bucks....they have the real vintage screamer chip in em)
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
pretty much everything has the "proper" chip in them these days. my cheapo biyang did, and I think the joyos do too (but i haven't opened mine to look). it's only really ibanez which is pushing the "proper" chip thing (because it only fits it to the really expensive ones ) and other ueber-boutique guys operating on a similar ethically dubious (IMO) marketing strategy.

it's debatable how much difference the chip makes anyway. But if you do care, you certainly don't have to pay $$$$ to get a ts circuit with the "correct" chip.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Green Rhino has close to the most boost on a tube screamer I've tried; more than a green monkey, maybe around the same as a CM-2 if not less. More than a MXR badass OD. I'd pick that. Also has the most tonal flexibility of what you listed IMO. Similar flexibility would be a Seymour Duncan 805 (true 3 band EQ, a bit rare on tube screamers) but not as much gain.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Sep 14, 2015,
Thanks for the answer!

"boost, focus and tighten up?" Exactly . Making the gain to 0, and volume put on maximum...

So, the green rhino is the best pedal for that?
I haven't tried a Green Rhino but I sure like my MXR Custom Badass better than the TS-9 I had. As far as a boost goes, the 6505 doesn't really need any help getting more gain, the "boost" pedal is just to tighten and focus. The MXR does that, but it adds a little more "grind" and harmonic complexity than a typical TS-type pedal. I'm not talking about a huge difference, but you can hear it. For me, it gives a pleasing alternative to the standard 6505 + TS tone that everybody and their dog has done.
King Of Tone
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
The Seymour Duncan 805 has active bass, mid and treble controls which cure the 'no bass, too many mids' problem many TSs have. Or you can leave them there, your choice.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
What about MXR ZW44? Compare to the MXR GT-OD, Green rhino, SD805, maxon OD808?
Is any difference between the ZW44 overdrive and the ZW44 Berzerker?
Fulltone OCD and a TS9 work well together
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
Quote by venndi88
(a) What about MXR ZW44? Compare to the MXR GT-OD, Green rhino, SD805, maxon OD808?
(b) Is any difference between the ZW44 overdrive and the ZW44 Berzerker?

(a) I haven't checked myself, but word on the net is that they're both basically the same (the zw and the gt-od i mean), but one of them (i forget which, try some googling) has a switch on the pcb to convert it to the other.

(b) I'm not sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Clark Griswold
Fulltone OCD and a TS9 work well together

i haven't shared that same experience. i am not a fan of the OCD (and yes i own one), it is certainly not what i would use for a boost, nor a standalone OD. if you mess with one enough you can make it work, but it doesn't play nicely with TS based pedals IMO.

OP i would look into a timmy. or a signa drive if you want ts based. another TS based pedal i really like is the MI audio blues pro, it isn't common, but it works great with my mesas.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My MXR CBM OD is a pedal I will never get rid of. Unless it breaks of course, but then I would get another one.

I hear it's based on a TS circuit (Green Rhino) but I couldn't say for sure. I just know "badass" is a good name for it.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
yeah the badass is sd1-based I think.

granted, you could argue that the sd1 and ts aren't a million miles apart either. you could probably argue that the sd1 is a ts-style od.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?