Quick Connect pickups: What else are they called?

Pickups such as EMG and Gibson now utilize Quick Connect pickups which utilize a quick connection system where you just plug in the cables instead of having to solder them.

Are there other terms people use to call these? Such as pin connectors, socket connectors, etc....? I've been trying to search online for other types of pickups that utilize similar systems and I'm not sure what the generic term for this is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Quote by bachfantasia

Pickups such as EMG and Gibson now utilize Quick Connect pickups which utilize a quick connection system where you just plug in the cables instead of having to solder them.

Are there other terms people use to call these? Such as pin connectors, socket connectors, etc....? I've been trying to search online for other types of pickups that utilize similar systems and I'm not sure what the generic term for this is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Also, does anyone know if Quick Connect was invented by EMG or Gibson? Gibson uses it on their website as Quick Connect TM, but it looks pretty much like the system EMG uses, but I can't find it anywhere on the EMG site. They don't really call it anything on the EMG site except "The connector system", which is very vague.

Any thoughts? Did Gibson buy out the name from EMG maybe?
Quote by bachfantasia

Herman and Judy. The male connector is called Herman and...well, you know.
I'm not sure that anyone has a TM on the connection setup, though the designers of the connectors might.

There have been "quick connect" pickup setups around since the late '60's, so the trademark on those things may get a bit muddled. Dan Armstrong, of course, had them on the Plex guitars, and there have been a lot of contenders since then. Gibson had a setup that involved changing the pickups from the BACK of the guitar...