Hey guys. I recently bought a second hand guitar and the fretboard was so dry it actually cracked off the neck. I was wondering how I would get it rehydrated and re attached
What guitar is it and how much did you pay? If the fretboard was that dry and popped off the neck completely so easily it likely wasn't a good guitar to begin with and fixing it will not be worth it. Pictures would also be useful.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
It's only a cheap ashton strat copy, I only paid $10 so not too bad. I just want it back together to re sell it
A tech/luthier will probably charge more than the worth of the guitar to fix it.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by BrodieBassMan
Hey guys. I recently bought a second hand guitar and the fretboard was so dry it actually cracked off the neck. I was wondering how I would get it rehydrated and re attached

There are a whole raft of StewMac "newsletters" that covered various repair projects like this one. It's possible to warm the glue enough to slide a thin putty knife type blade under the fret board and remove it completely. At that point, you can scrape off the old glue, make sure that the neck is flat, and then reglue the fretboard (LOTS of clamps). In the process, you can rehydrate everything to a standard spec before you glue it all back together.

This should explain the process: http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Online_Resources/Repair_Tools/Why_use_a_household_iron_on_a_fretboard.html