Early on after I got my guitar I started noticing that most of the time I switched to the neck pickup, I'd get no sound. Usually taking and out re-inserting the guitar cable would do the trick. Not anymore. It's not that I use the neck pickup all that much but still. Right now, nothing will make it work. I removed the controls cover, to pull and and press on wires and connections but still no result. Nothing seems loose as far as I can tell.

So now how do I proceed to test if it's the switch, or some other component or what? Pickups are EMG 81/85.
I had a similar issue with my old 81/60 combo in another guitar. They would both work, or just the bridge would work. Neck would never work by itself. I ended up swapping the switch, and it worked. I rang the switch after that, and it was fine. It may have been a bad solder joint on the switch somewhere.
Try re-soldering to the switch or just replace it entirely.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Sounds like a bad or dirty switch. Spray it down with good contact cleaner and switch the hell out of it. If that doesn't work bust out the multimeter.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .