I currently have all of my music files that have I recorded and documents with my lyrics saved to my computer and then backed up on a flash drive. However, my biggest worry is that I will lose all of that information in the case of a natural disaster, house fire, etc. So my question to all of you is what is the best way to back up all of your music that you have recorded? Any input would be greatly appreciated
I save them as videos and upload them to YouTube as unlisted. If I ever need that crap I'll just download it with a converter.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
I save them as videos and upload them to YouTube as unlisted. If I ever need that crap I'll just download it with a converter.

If you want to lose sound quality putting it on a video, than lose more ripping it from a video sure. Half of youtube doesn't slide the mix bar in movie maker and music is rendered at 50%.

What you really wanna do is put all your files in a .zip and put them anywhere you can store files privately, ie google, dropbox, mediafire, etc.
Email the files to yourself. They'll be accessible anywhere at that point.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by stratkat
If you want to lose sound quality putting it on a video, than lose more ripping it from a video sure. Half of youtube doesn't slide the mix bar in movie maker and music is rendered at 50%.

What you really wanna do is put all your files in a .zip and put them anywhere you can store files privately, ie google, dropbox, mediafire, etc.

these are already shitty files, it's more of a last line of defence as dropbox is weird with my computer.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
U can buy a hard disk and store it on that or use cloud storage like onedrive, google drive, dropbox
Or burn it all to disks if u like
Really theres no way to back it up with no chance of loss, but the more places u keep it, the less likely it is to be lost.
Well, I became the God of the Sky, so I'm protected against a hell of a lot of natural disasters.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I use Google Play Music but now that I have a cap on my internet I don't use it much anymore. I think its song upload limit is like 30,000 per user unless you pay which is pretty dece
Thank you everyone for your input. It seems that Google Drive is the most popular answer, so I'm debating between that or e-mailing the files to myself. Which do you think is safer?
Just do both. Emailing them to yourself doesn't cost anything anyway.
Just make sure to sort them into their own little section of your email so you don't lose them or accidentally delete them.

The more places you back your stuff up, the less chance you'll lose it all.
I ended up using Google Drive. It took about 3 hours to upload all of my files, but that's probably because of my slow "high speed" internet connection and the large amount of files I had to back up. Anyways, thanks again everyone for your input. It sure has helped make my decision a lot easier