Page 1 of 2
The other engagement party etiquette is who to invite. Immediate family member, close extended family, and the intimate circle of best friends should receive invitations. This is not the time to invite coworkers you only see at the office.

Everyone you plan to invite in the bridal party should receive an engagement party invitation to the engagement party, unless they are long distance. You may still want to let them know about it, in case they have an opportunity to take an extra trip. This includes bridesmaid and groomsmen.

Whether the engagement party will be big or small, etiquette experts generally agree that individuals should only be invited to the engagement party if they'll also be invited to the wedding.
Noone, it's a stupid tradition that simply serves to make the bloated Americanised wedding culture even more expensive for those even tangentially involved.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Engagement parties were invented by the supermarket chains to help shift more frozen vol au vents's
I'll keep this in mind for when I'm not getting married in the future.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm glad this thread popped up because I recently asked my non-existent girlfriend to marry me and she said yes and I wasn't sure who to invite to the engagement party. I suppose I shall just invite all her imaginary friends who shall be attending the imaginary wedding.
I have nothing important to say
Exes are perfectly acceptable, if not encouraged.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
My wife and I spent $1,400 on our wedding and $10,000 on our honeymoon. We never even considered and engagement party.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 16, 2015,
Can't tell if ****witted person or clever adbot.

It tried to gain trust a few months back by asking about MP4 converters...
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Exes are perfectly acceptable, if not encouraged.

for the orgy, of course
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by JustRooster
My wife and I spent $1,400 on our wedding and $10,000 on our honeymoon. We never even considered and engagement party.

this nigga keepin it real
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33597628
All of your ex girlfriends

and all of her ex boyfriends

or his. or girlfriends.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
or his. or girlfriends.

No. No. Straight white people are allowed only.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

This is such a wonderful post on the Engagement Party guests. I think engagement is an intimate event so we should invite only our family members. But wedding ceremony should be celebrated with all your friends and relatives. You know I am going to have a grand wedding at the finest wedding venues nyc .
Holy shit,
adbots posting in other adbots threads

It's come full circle now
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Pastafarian96
they do that occasionally

keywords

EDIT: although TS is actually a genuine user

Well, shucks....coulda fooled me
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Pastafarian96
yeah I know, but she (?) has a legit post out there somewhere

That's just what they want you to think
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Ichikurosaki
dont announce engagement and just go to the registry office on a quiet monday afternoon by yourself

I perform those sort of weddings....they are not classy at all.

Please please please, kids, don't have a registry wedding.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Ichikurosaki
dont announce engagement and just go to the registry office on a quiet monday afternoon by yourself

That's what I wanted to do. But we allowed ourselves to get talked into a 'proper' wedding and the whole thing is such a ballache I'm still convinced that the grief we'd have got from our family if we'd 'eloped' would actually be more tolerable.

I mean it's my stag do on Saturday and I can't even get excited for it because my father in law's getting offended on behalf of people he thinks should be invited to it but wouldn't come anyway.
Quote by RAB11
That's what I wanted to do. But we allowed ourselves to get talked into a 'proper' wedding and the whole thing is such a ballache I'm still convinced that the grief we'd have got from our family if we'd 'eloped' would actually be more tolerable.

I mean it's my stag do on Saturday and I can't even get excited for it because my father in law's getting offended on behalf of people he thinks should be invited to it but wouldn't come anyway.

Tell your father in law to fuck off.

I've never understood why parents of the bride and groom are so convinced that they have the right to decide who gets invited or not....if my parents ever crack the darks about that stuff when I get married, then they aren't getting invited.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Tell your father in law to fuck off.

I've never understood why parents of the bride and groom are so convinced that they have the right to decide who gets invited or not....if my parents ever crack the darks about that stuff when I get married, then they aren't getting invited.

The wedding I could just about cope with because he's paying for it, but he's annoyed because I wouldn't invite her grandad on my stag.

WTF.
Quote by RAB11
The wedding I could just about cope with because he's paying for it, but he's annoyed because I wouldn't invite her grandad on my stag.

WTF.

Lol wut? Even if my grandfather was still alive I wouldn't invite him to my stag....or my dad....your family sounds massively over-entitled. (no offence dude)
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Lol wut? Even if my grandfather was still alive I wouldn't invite him to my stag....or my dad....your family sounds massively over-entitled. (no offence dude)

I know right? In fairness my stag is having basically the men of my family plus a few close mates, go karting in the morning then pub crawl afterwards, as a result my grandad's gonna come to the karting at least, but that doesn't mean my fiance's grandad gets invited. Guy doesn't even like me. But as a result my father in law and brother in law, who I genuinely get along with and wanted to be there, aren't going to make the effort to come.
Quote by Acϵ♠
this nigga keepin it real

Jeez you could only afford to release doves once or twice during the wedding on that measly budget.
if my fiancee was planning a really big expensive wedding i'd probably be pretty turned off

then again that's why i dont have a fiancee
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Definately the bride and groom.
And probably someone like a preacher or somebody with authority to conduct the ceremony.
Engagement party is the same thing as a wedding right
Quote by Acϵ♠
if my fiancee was planning a really big expensive wedding i'd probably be pretty turned off

then again that's why i dont have a fiancee

So you mean like... Only two horses on the horse-drawn carriage?

I hate weddings, I have no idea why I am still replying
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez at #33615675
I hate weddings, I have no idea why I am still replying

Maybe u secretly love weddings

or just bored
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
i've a sister getting married next weekend. gonna be cool prolly. got a new suit, getting it altered, shoes getting polished, gonna get a new shirt cause I want to have a sort of chmpagne or soft pink, so it's pretty cool. Gotta get a haircut before as well cause beard is a bit wild now and hair is just hair you know .

I'm hyped.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Sep 29, 2015,
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Maybe u secretly love weddings

or just bored

Bored.

Also I literally have been to a wedding with a horse drawn carriage and doves being released. But they gave me free champagne so
Getting married December 8th! It was supposed to be in October but he's in a different state and had to push it back. Going to be spending a little over $1,500 for everything and we had no engagement party. Seems like a waste of extra money to me.
sooo uh do you have any sisters that think like you andrea
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Page 1 of 2