Page 1 of 2
...was an Artificial Superintelligent computer we created and then sent back in time to provide humanity with moral guidance?

Really, no stoner impressions intended, just an interesting hypothetical: What if God was just our future selves' technological breakthrough, that the revelations were really nothing more than calculated attempts to ensure that humans survive into an age with superior technology using a set of moral codes that'll keep us from destroying each other? I'm talking purely monotheism here.

Wouldn't it make sense to do that? Wouldn't it make sense to keep doing that over and over, until there's a historical course with the least pain inflicted and the most rapid advancements? Or would it make more sense to invade and gain an extra 2000 or so years of development?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 16, 2015,
Well, y'know, the Monad kinda sprung into existence, and everything else followed suit.

Nothing new under the Sun, Eternal Return, yadda yadda...
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
What if life is nothing but a computer simulation and God is just a 12 year old kid playing the sims.
or what if he wasn't

what if hes just a stranger on the bus trying to make his way home
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The blue bus?
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by Zaphikh at #33597969
Well, y'know, the Monad kinda sprung into existence, and everything else followed suit.

Nothing new under the Sun, Eternal Return, yadda yadda...

Monad?
If God was a woman, there would be no war. Only countries not talking to each other because of jealousy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by icanhasgodmode at #33597977
If God was a woman, there would be no war. Only countries not talking to each other because of jealousy.

Haven't heard that one before. Did you come up with it all by yourself?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Haven't heard that one before. Did you come up with it all by yourself?

common sense
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
idk but I've always wondered if the creation of the universe is on a time loop. like billions of years when everything's about to go completely dark we recreate the universe in the past so we can continue living and that is how something came from nothing.

not a serious hypothesis lol 'cause how can there be time to begin with if there is nothing? plus apparently nothing is inherently unstable and something about dark matter or maybe something else.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Monad?

Yeah, man. Keep your eye on the ball.
Well he'd be kinda a dick for telling everyone gays are abominations and evolution or plate tectonics weren't real and he made the female sex out of a rib

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If humans survive and advance far enough to develop a machine that controls the universe, why would they alter their own timeline? They've already arrived at the point where they control time. Trying to reach that point sooner doesn't make any sense.

Have you read Asimov's "The Last Question" recently?
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33597983
idk but I've always wondered if the creation of the universe is on a time loop. like billions of years when everything's about to go completely dark we recreate the universe in the past so we can continue living and that is how something came from nothing.

not a serious hypothesis lol 'cause how can there be time to begin with if there is nothing? plus apparently nothing is inherently unstable and something about dark matter or maybe something else.

Yeah, but I don't know if my intent is so much about creation rather than adding a possibility to God.

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33597991
Well he'd be kinda a dick for telling everyone gays are abominations and evolution or plate tectonics weren't real and he made the female sex out of a rib

It'd make sense though. If we programmed it to ensure that humans thrive, one of the subgoals for achieving that is 1) that they believed in him and 2) that they continued procreating. It could've been that the AI saw homosexuality as a threat and, lacking morality/consciousness, it saw homosexuality as a threat to achieving that programmed goal.
If they kept going back over and over to correct the timeline with little tweaks, why the shit is our current timeline allowed to exist, with all its intra-faith schisms, inter-faith hostility, and increasing levels of religious skepticism?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by sashki at #33598013
If humans survive and advance far enough to develop a machine that controls the universe, why would they alter their own timeline? They've already arrived at the point where they control time. Trying to reach that point sooner doesn't make any sense.

Have you read Asimov's "The Last Question" recently?

lol no but I was about to earlier today. I'm guessing it's important that I read it.

It's not really a machine that controls the universe. Just capable of complex "thought"/functions. I should've phrased my post differently, but I don't mean that humans have created a God-like omnipresent machine capable of creating the universe out of nothing. Just that it's a machine intelligent enough to fool early civilizations into thinking it's using divinity instead of programming. One whose goal was to give humanity a set of moral guidelines.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33598022
Yeah, but I don't know if my intent is so much about creation rather than adding a possibility to God.

yeah just went off.

but I can't imagine a society that advanced being cool with stoning lol. and the only reason I'd see them doing this is to reduce pain throughout history but there's two problems 1. idk why they'd go with a supercomputer. more realistically abraham/jesus/mohammed/etc are from the future and 2. time paradoxes or something if you change history w/e 'happened' before you changed it never actually happened so that would mean that the course we're on is the only one that's ever happened.
Quote by entity0009 at #33598024
If they kept going back over and over to correct the timeline with little tweaks, why the shit is our current timeline allowed to exist, with all its intra-faith schisms, inter-faith hostility, and increasing levels of religious skepticism?

I never said the ASI stuck around. Just showed up, handed people commandments, and we took over from there. I'm saying it'd make sense if we kept making those tweaks when we have ASI and if we ever figure out that pesky time travel business.
ok but question: what if, when we die, our memories and personalities were uploaded to an artificially grown shell that resembles ourselves, continuing 'our' existence by using its own artificial intelligence to infer current behaviour and feeling based on false memories? Would we still be alive in conscience, in our essence, or would we simply disappear like tears in rain?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
lol no but I was about to earlier today. I'm guessing it's important that I read it.

It's not really a machine that controls the universe. Just capable of complex "thought"/functions. I should've phrased my post differently, but I don't mean that humans have created a God-like omnipresent machine capable of creating the universe out of nothing. Just that it's a machine intelligent enough to fool early civilizations into thinking it's using divinity instead of programming. One whose goal was to give humanity a set of moral guidelines.

Like an "ancient aliens" kind of thing? An advanced being that shows up and tells the primitive people how to live?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
...was an Artificial Superintelligent computer we created and then sent back in time to provide humanity with moral guidance?

Really, no stoner impressions intended, just an interesting hypothetical: What if God was just our future selves' technological breakthrough, that the revelations were really nothing more than calculated attempts to ensure that humans survive into an age with superior technology using a set of moral codes that'll keep us from destroying each other? I'm talking purely monotheism here.

Wouldn't it make sense to do that? Wouldn't it make sense to keep doing that over and over, until there's a historical course with the least pain inflicted and the most rapid advancements? Or would it make more sense to invade and gain an extra 2000 or so years of development?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6CZoRD_3g

Quote by WaterGod
What if life is nothing but a computer simulation and God is just a 12 year old kid playing the sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9lObWclFQ

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by slipknot5678 at #33598033
yeah just went off.

but I can't imagine a society that advanced being cool with stoning lol. and the only reason I'd see them doing this is to reduce pain throughout history but there's two problems 1. idk why they'd go with a supercomputer. more realistically abraham/jesus/mohammed/etc are from the future and 2. time paradoxes or something if you change history w/e 'happened' before you changed it never actually happened so that would mean that the course we're on is the only one that's ever happened.

I see it as a matter of insurance. Its goal wasn't to reduce pain, but to have us survive and create ASI. Or hell, maybe it wasn't even us that programmed it, it was done by just another ASI, so it's only trying to insure us to ensure itself. Or it was just an insignificant function that it blew out of proportion.

Quote by Banjocal at #33598040
ok but question: what if, when we die, our memories and personalities were uploaded to an artificially grown shell that resembles ourselves, continuing 'our' existence by using its own artificial intelligence to infer current behaviour and feeling based on false memories? Would we still be alive in conscience, in our essence, or would we simply disappear like tears in rain?

It's still consciousness. Your brain's a pretty good computer. From how I understand it, our body's just hardware, our signals are what matter. We'd also be able to invent Artificial Consciousness in that example, super cool future

Quote by sashki at #33598041
Like an "ancient aliens" kind of thing? An advanced being that shows up and tells the primitive people how to live?

Yeah.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

It'd make sense though. If we programmed it to ensure that humans thrive, one of the subgoals for achieving that is 1) that they believed in him and 2) that they continued procreating. It could've been that the AI saw homosexuality as a threat and, lacking morality/consciousness, it saw homosexuality as a threat to achieving that programmed goal.

Wouldn't really make sense because at the moment we're overpopulating the planet so gay people who can't reproduce in the natural sense are gd

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33598085
Wouldn't really make sense because at the moment we're overpopulating the planet so gay people who can't reproduce in the natural sense are gd

But now that we're overpopulating the planet we're only like 15 - 60 years away from AI. I know that homos are more beneficial to humans now (hey evolution, help a brother out) but if the end-goal of more primitive humans was reproduction, hypothetically speaking a super-intelligent computer wouldn't be aware of moral implications. It just knows function.
does the question assume a very present existence of a god? because if the best that the humans of the future could do was to create the books and scripts, that's kinda lame.

oh i get it, they just needed the seed to start religion. so that implies that in their future, they were godless and they messed up?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Sep 16, 2015,
If God was a computer then was Jesus a calculator?
If Jesus was a calculator was it a calculator that died for our sins?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
If this was the case than he did a poor job. Stoning gays? What the **** was that about?

Also why just convert a few herdsman in the desert?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Cardbored at #33598164
If God was a computer then was Jesus a calculator?
If Jesus was a calculator was it a calculator that died for our sins?

we've had a lot of religious discussion lately but for w/e reason this is the post that reminded me of when I was like seven and my really religious grandma was in the hospital and to test me or something she asked me how jesus died and I was like '... he got shot?' 'cause I seriously didn't even know by that point lol. like I didn't even know who jesus really was.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

read this: http://hermiene.net/short-stories/i_have_no_mouth.html (five minutes), consider the way the Google man manipulated the patsy, and the AI (ex machina. can't believe I just didn't write the name lol).

that's why 'no'
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Sep 16, 2015,
Well if God was an AI sent back in time, it would have to have some sort of mobile physical body to interact with humans? Is god a Terminator? I'm just asking questions.
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33598201
god doesn't exist and existence is meaningless and shitty

Being shitty is a value judgement, which is meaning. Your ideology is therefore hypocritical and confused and I'm going to have to ask you to leave, m'am.

Quote by Baby Joel at #33598208
read this: http://hermiene.net/short-stories/i_have_no_mouth.html (five minutes), consider the way the Google man manipulated the patsy, and the AI (ex machina. can't believe I just didn't write the name lol).

that's why 'no'

Reading.

Quote by TheChaz at #33598217
Well if God was an AI sent back in time, it would have to have some sort of mobile physical body to interact with humans? Is god a Terminator? I'm just asking questions.

I mean that burning bush could've just been an 8K flat-screen.
Then he's hardly the intelligent supercomputer he claims to be.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Reading.

Massive computer systems are used as weapons in what is effectly the cold war. One gains sentience, links with every other computer, and is an AI so powerful it is able to manipulate life. Because it can't move and do what it wants (because it is hardware, like how we can't cross and ocean by walking) it kills all but a few humans. He takes some of those surivor's better qualities and turns them into their worst. He won't let them die of starvation, but he only gives rotten fruit that takes huge risks to get to.

basically, it can do everything except creation itself. If I person is able to kill themself without the AI knowing, it can't bring the back. If they commit suicide and AI does see it, he will essentially save the sntience or the mind and put it in a new body.

everyone had managed to die, ecept for the narrator, who has been turned into an amorphous blob with no mouth, legs, arms, etc. there is not a way it can kill itself

and you know the ex machina stuff (unless you didn't watch it, i can't remember)
it's all coming back

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Being shitty is a value judgement, which is meaning. Your ideology is therefore hypocritical and confused and I'm going to have to ask you to leave, m'am.

ugh will you stop being such a Britta
Quote by GuitarGod_92
ugh will you stop being such a Britta

ugh, what a G.D.B. you know?
it's all coming back

Page 1 of 2