So, I was at work today, doing my own thing. I had this strange feeling around noon.

I came home from work 20 minutes, and I found out that my paternal grandfather passed away this morning. He was in pretty poor shape, but it's still very sad to see him pass away. I can't believe that he's gone.

You know, I took my luck for granted because I am 20 and still had all 4 of my grandparents around. Losing a family member sucks, and it's very upsetting. I am just in awe. I can't believe it.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Oddly enough, a very similar thing happened to me last Wednesday.

The day just felt odd, then right around 3 I found out my uncle died, granted he was poor in health and an alcoholic, but it was still unexpected.

Sorry for your loss, bud
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
I am sorry for your loss

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Ablast
Oddly enough, a very similar thing happened to me last Wednesday.

The day just felt odd, then right around 3 I found out my uncle died, granted he was poor in health and an alcoholic, but it was still unexpected.

Sorry for your loss, bud

Yeah, I know. I just had this very strange feeling. It just sucks, you know?
So sorry to hear that.

My grandfather passed away late 2012. He had really bad alzheimer's the last few years of his life and couldn't do anything for himself. I know the feel.
Quote by aerosmithfan95
So, I was at work today, doing my own thing. I had this strange feeling around noon.

I came home from work 20 minutes, and I found out that my paternal grandfather passed away this morning. He was in pretty poor shape, but it's still very sad to see him pass away. I can't believe that he's gone.

You know, I took my luck for granted because I am 20 and still had all 4 of my grandparents around. Losing a family member sucks, and it's very upsetting. I am just in awe. I can't believe it.

That sucks. By the time I was 20 all my grandparents had been dead for at least 10 years. The only ones I knew at all were my grandfathers.
Thanks, guys!

Quote by MeTallIcA313
So sorry to hear that.

My grandfather passed away late 2012. He had really bad alzheimer's the last few years of his life and couldn't do anything for himself. I know the feel.

I know, it sucks. My grandfather's breathing wasn't so well (but it go insanely worse over the past 10 months or so), and he wasn't able to see more than an inch from his face for the last few years. It was sad to see, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
I thought I was going to lose my grandfather a year ago, he seems to be getting better though, and I'd like one more Christmas and more importantly, birthday (I kinda want him to see me turn 20), with him before he goes.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
My nan is dying of Alzheimer's and she was essentially my second mother throughout my childhood. I spent at least 3 days a week at her house for years over the summer months when she would take care of me. Nowadays she barely recognizes me and asks about where her husband is, even though he died 15 years ago.

I sympathise, OP. It's consoling in a small way to know that they're no longer suffering.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 16, 2015,
Both my paternal grandparents don't have too long left probably. It really sucks because i live a thousand miles away from them and get to see them twice a year if I'm lucky. II cherish every time i see them and i always treat it like it may be the last time. It sucks people have to stop living at some point
Last edited by ehbacon at Sep 16, 2015,
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Yeah, I know. I just had this very strange feeling. It just sucks, you know?

Yeah it does, it never really gets any easier.

One thing I found really, really heartbreaking when my uncle died was that his dog never left. His dog is so loyal, and we try to take him to our house, but he turns around and sits at the doorstep as he usually did.
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
My paternal grandma died around a year ago and it broke my heart, since then my maternaæ grandma has slowly started to lose her memory and sense and now has no idea who anyone is, and i'd much prefer her to have just died with the other one :/

The saddest part is that my mother actually has a pretty bad memory and i can see now that when she gets old shes going to lose her memory just like my grandma, and it just breaks my ****ing heart to know that one day ill wake up and my own mother won't have a clue who i am
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by ehbacon
It sucks people have to stop living at some point

Depends on the person. Sometimes it's delightful when somebody dies.
Quote by TobusRex
Depends on the person. Sometimes it's delightful when somebody dies.

**** you
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
**** you

If you had to choose between someone you love dying in their sleep or getting incredibly sick and being in pain for every moment of their life, what would you choose?
Or if you got the option that theyd either die, or forget everyone theyve ever known and every moment being a cruel puzzle with no answer, would you really not choose death?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
I've never met my grandparents

three of them passed decades before I was born and the other on thanksgiving when I was 13. never had the chance to take a plane to mexico. well at least as far south as he lived

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Irondevil
If you had to choose between someone you love dying in their sleep or getting incredibly sick and being in pain for every moment of their life, what would you choose?
Or if you got the option that theyd either die, or forget everyone theyve ever known and every moment being a cruel puzzle with no answer, would you really not choose death?

I'd definitely end their suffering.

delightful is not the word I'd use though, not by a long mile
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Irondevil

Personally, let them die. Sure, it's sad when they finally pass, but you'll overcome it. It's even more heartbreaking when they're suffering from a physical ailment or a mental one and they have to live with that for a prolonged time.
Quote by Weaponized
Never lost a grandparent. But my great grandpa is going soon he's stoked about it I heard

if he's like 103 I can understand that, it gets boring at that age I'd imagine
A poem.
Quote by yoman297