So I am keen to learn a guitar solo after watching some Youtube videos but the guitar has to have some Sustainiac installed. Is that in anyway different from a sustainer pedal ? Do I have to install the Sustainiac just to play that short guitar solo from a particular song ? What if I want to uninstall weren't that be so troublesome and a Sustainiac is not cheap in my hometown.
Amateur guitarist straight from the oven !

Yes, the sustainiac system is different from a sustain pedal, sadly you really can't replace one with the other. This is another one of those really annoying issues where guitar doesn't really have a consistent set of names for most things so people use a whole load of different words to mean the same thing, or the same word for different things and... ugh, it's horrible

The sustainiac system essentially works by using electromagnetism to cause an infinite feedback loop at the pitch you're playing. 99% of 'sustain' pedals are actually compressors, which use audio processing techniques to even out the volume level of what you're playing, the practical effect of which is that as the note you're playing tails off the pedal increases the volume, which means you can hear it for longer. A pedal like that won't get you infinite sustain though, as it only amplifies signal that's already there, rather than actually producing any of its own.

A pedal that will get you as close as possible to what you want is the Electro Harmonix Freeze pedal, which is actually a very specific form of looper rather than really creating infinite sustain the same way the sustainiac does.

For the record: really not a newb question at all, as I say this stuff is all a mess of terminology and horribleness that can confuse people who've been playing for decades.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yes, the sustainiac system is different from a sustain pedal, sadly you really can't replace one with the other. This is another one of those really annoying issues where guitar doesn't really have a consistent set of names for most things so people use a whole load of different words to mean the same thing, or the same word for different things and... ugh, it's horrible

The sustainiac system essentially works by using electromagnetism to cause an infinite feedback loop at the pitch you're playing. 99% of 'sustain' pedals are actually compressors, which use audio processing techniques to even out the volume level of what you're playing, the practical effect of which is that as the note you're playing tails off the pedal increases the volume, which means you can hear it for longer. A pedal like that won't get you infinite sustain though, as it only amplifies signal that's already there, rather than actually producing any of its own.

A pedal that will get you as close as possible to what you want is the Electro Harmonix Freeze pedal, which is actually a very specific form of looper rather than really creating infinite sustain the same way the sustainiac does.

For the record: really not a newb question at all, as I say this stuff is all a mess of terminology and horribleness that can confuse people who've been playing for decades.

Thanks ! I will check out the Electro Harmonix Freeze pedal. Would anyone play a whole song with the sustainiac system ? If so, which artiste does that ? lol
Amateur guitarist straight from the oven !

I don't know of anyone who's played a whole song using one, but then the thing itself doesn't interest me that much so I wouldn't exactly be looking for any
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.