Hello,

Love my JCA22h, but really want some clean tones nowadays, can I use a pedal for this? or...

Can anyone recommend a good clean amp head? for under £300 ?

Thanks
Last edited by gravyYelp at Sep 17, 2015,
Something like the Fender Mustang V Guitar Amplifier Head V.2 / MKII, £235 ?

Edit: forget that, to much power I'm after something for home use only
Last edited by gravyYelp at Sep 17, 2015,
Quote by gravyYelp

Edit: forget that, to much power I'm after something for home use only

Power and home use aren't related directly or inversely. It has a volume knob.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Yes, it will give you a clean tone at pretty much any volume you want, and Fender style cleans are considered one of it's strong suits.

Whether you will like the clean tone it provides I can't speculate on, as there are a LOT of individual interpretations of "clean". Can you play through it first?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Power and home use aren't related directly or inversely. It has a volume knob.

I can't find it..

Last edited by sfx at Sep 17, 2015,
Quote by sfx
I can't find it..

Wrong amp.

Quote by gravyYelp

Charles Darwin
I have a JCA50, and it cant really do cleans. You can turn the gain waaaaay down to like 0.03 on the crunch channel, and then turn up the volume on it. I cant get a good clean sound out of it tho. It either starts breaking up because of the preamp gain or the power tubes get overdriven. I do use it in a band setting tho, so i cant play it very quietly. It should work on room level tho.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Get a used modeling amp. The Fender Mustang and Vox Valvetronix lines are both great for clean tones. You could also pick up one of Roland’s Fender modeling pedals and just plug it into the effects loop on your amp.
turn the crunch preamp knob way down and the crunch master knob way up. pick lightly. maybe turn your guitar's volume knob down, and (if your guitar has it) set it to a setting which has the least output (e.g. one with two pickups on- that normally wired them in parallel and drops the output a bit- or a coil split or similar).

if that still doesn't get you clean cleans then you need to look at other option (i.e. another amp). the jet city doesn't really have a clean channel, just the od channel with one fewer gain stage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?