hi guys
i just bought a guitar with this floyd in it and i didn't get a whammy bar with it so i would like to get one
the problem is i don't know which one to get
the slot is too narrow to fit a regular floyd rose whammy and it has thread on the inside
if you can't read on the picture, it says "licensed under floyd rose pats"
my guess is that a lo-trs whammy should fit since the guitar is a '97 fujigen ibanez S
can anyone help me?
tnx
I've seen these on a few guitars maybe not just Ibanez. It's amazing how a bit of threading keeps people from losing a whammy bar.

I'd either:
buy a drop in whammy bar which can get expensive

or.. a few times I had cheap chinese floyd rose whammy bars I took the plastic part off under the part that you twist to attach to the threading of the floyd rose base plate and it worked. But this way isn't 100%. A pair of wire cutters and cigarette lighter do the trick.
i would really like the original piece just so i don't do any possible damage to the floyd

by "drop in" you mean whammy without threading?
why not just find out what threads are in the hole and take it from there? then find a arm that has those threads on it.

or just email ibanez first.
that is going to be my next move
i figured if anybody is able to detect it from the picture to save me the trouble

i emailed guys at ibanezrulez.com and the reply was that this was at some point changed and was not an ibanez floyd
Ibanez trems are not licensed floyds they are their own branded trems. Most of the japan made Ibanez's came with good trems, why someone would swap it for a licensed floyd is beyond me.
me too, but the situation is that i'm stuck with it at the moment so i wanna salvage it

so far i tried squeals just by pressing the bridge, it says perfectly in tune so i guess it isn't some piece of c**p
Some of them are decent, you just never know. You may want to take it to a shop and see if they will let you try bars from guitars they have there with licensed floyds
i have a floyd rose from my S series Ibanez. I have the entire floyd rose out of it, bar and all. Will sell the bar. Threads on the actual bar.
Quote by J_W
Ibanez trems are not licensed floyds they are their own branded trems. Most of the japan made Ibanez's came with good trems, why someone would swap it for a licensed floyd is beyond me.

All Ibanez Floyds have been licensed Floyds, branded or not, until the patent ran out.

There are no more "licensed" Floyds, because licensing is no longer required. But quality can be both better and worser (is that even a word?) than other iterations of the Floyd. In fact, the Floyd Rose Original (OEM version) has been, for years, produced on Korean production lines right alongside "licensed" versions that were identical in every way.

These days, you can easily find a non-Floyd-Rose branded version of the trem that's superior to those sold by FR themselves. And if you want something more on it (Piezo saddles, for example), you're going to want to go with a non-Floyd-Rose branded item anyway.