Is there a difference in sound or quality between the PRS SE 245 and the SE Custom? I had an SE Custom and loved it. I saw one online and haven't had the chance of playing it in person to know if the difference is any more than look and having 4 knobs vs just 2.
if they use the same pickups there will be no noticeable change
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The SE Custom has 24 frets and a trem, the 245 has 22 and a wraparound bridge.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'd be weary. I've tried SEs that felt great, others not so great (though just in personal fit). I recently picked up a Santana SE I love, and I've always dug most SE guitars but they seem to be subtly specific with personal fit. If I were you, I'd at least try one of the same model before ordering.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
SE's, just like Fender Mexico, have gems and lemons all over. I'd definitely try before you buy, and make sure you buy the one you played. Although, the SE's have become much more consistent in the last couple years.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by lucky1978
I'd be weary

It's "wary," not "weary."

I was sitting there wondering why you were *tired.*

Quote by lucky1978
I've always dug most SE guitars but they seem to be subtly specific with personal fit. If I were you, I'd at least try one of the same model before ordering.

These guitars are SO CNC'd perfect, that it's likely not the guitar itself that's different one from another, but the setup. A lot of folks miss that and put some really great guitars back on the wall when nothing more than a really good setup would make that guitar a far better choice than the one they leave with.
Quote by dspellman
These guitars are SO CNC'd perfect, that it's likely not the guitar itself that's different one from another, but the setup. A lot of folks miss that and put some really great guitars back on the wall when nothing more than a really good setup would make that guitar a far better choice than the one they leave with.

This! I check out the neck to make sure it's not efféd up in any way and then judge how much adjustment I've got in string height and nut height. I can tell if a guitar is well set up simply by looking at these areas and if it's not, I'll look past that as much as possible and make up my mind on whether or not I like the guitar.
To be honest in my opinion I've learned not to expect too much in the way of a factory set up.
Also consider the strings may be old and dead.
People judge guitars off the rack many times without considering how much damage may have occured in the store or how long the guitar's been played.
Moving on.....