So I've been looking for a good 8 string. I'm looking to spend no more than $650 or $700. So far the guitar I've been keeping on my eye is the Schecter Damien Elite 8. I wanted to buy an Ibanez, however some I've seen between 400-500 have mediocre pickups, so I'd rather spend more on a guitar with better pickups. Hit me with suggestions!
Thanks.
From what I've heard, the Agiles are rather hit and miss though...

Regarding the Schecter I'd probably avoid anything with active EMGs, I got them in my Stephen Carpenter ESP LTD and they get really mushy with everything above slight crunch.

The ESP LTD Javier Reyes sig looks like a pretty good deal in that price range (635€ on Thomann)
Quote by Rem_Sing
From what I've heard, the Agiles are rather hit and miss though...

Beware of random Internet hearsay.

Drop into the Agile Guitar Forum and ask there.
Might want to visit sevenstring.org as well.

Kurt at Rondo Music has really changed the game when it comes to extended range guitars. He spends quite a bit of time on sevenstring and gets a lot of feedback, and the result is a very wide range of ERGs at very affordable prices, including 7, 8, 9 and 10-string guitars in a wide array of scales (25.5, 27", 28.65", 30") including multi-scale guitars (fan fret) that until Rondo began to produce them, were only available as custom orders.

Schecter seems to do a pretty fair job of producing that kind of guitar, but their prices are going to be higher for the same quality level of guitar. They are, after all, also paying for the profit structure of brick and mortar corporations like GC.