As the title states, there are some Jackson V-styled guitars that have the input place in the inner wing super close to the place where you would rest it on your thigh. This creates a huge problem, especially for people who can't get a right-angled cable. It's definitely cheaper for the manufacturer because they don't have to put extra work into routing the guitar just to get the input to all the way on the other side (the trouble is WAY worth it though). I have a Jackson JS30RR FR and it's the perfect Rhoads, EXCEPT FOR THE FREAKIN INPUT JACK. Same goes for a Jackson KVX10 string-through version that has the input jack located on the inner side of the wing. How hard could it possibly be to put more time into routing the guitar to make the input be on the outer side of the wing? Thankfully, they haven't made any more since like 2008+ I believe, and mostly only knock-off's and fake guitars have them, so it's extremely noticeable from a mere glimpse.
Last edited by isnowyazn at Sep 18, 2015,
True
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
i have kvx10, have to play it standing up
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
Carvin did something like this as well (I believe with their V220, which is NOT a V-style guitar), changing the location of the jack on the reissue. Customer complaints soon had them offering the jack in either location, and eventually the preponderance of orders that had it in the original location led them to abandon the other spot.

You have to wonder what some folks are thinking (or if they've actually ever played the guitar) when they do this.
i have a new rrxmg with that jack placement. it is annoying but you get used to it.
Last edited by ad_works at Sep 18, 2015,
Quote by isnowyazn
As the title states, there are some Jackson V-styled guitars that have the input place in the inner wing super close to the place where you would rest it on your thigh. This creates a huge problem, especially for people who can't get a right-angled cable. It's definitely cheaper for the manufacturer because they don't have to put extra work into routing the guitar just to get the input to all the way on the other side (the trouble is WAY worth it though). I have a Jackson JS30RR FR and it's the perfect Rhoads, EXCEPT FOR THE FREAKIN INPUT JACK. Same goes for a Jackson KVX10 string-through version that has the input jack located on the inner side of the wing. How hard could it possibly be to put more time into routing the guitar to make the input be on the outer side of the wing? Thankfully, they haven't made any more since like 2008+ I believe, and mostly only knock-off's and fake guitars have them, so it's extremely noticeable from a mere glimpse.

And we can count the number of those people on the fingers of one foot...

Why is this a problem again?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
And we can count the number of those people on the fingers of one foot...

Why is this a problem again?

You know, it's for those who are confined to a box.

Or those prevented by court order from exceeding the bounds of their homes by ankle bracelets or bouncies...