Page 1 of 3
are numbers real?
is there a such thing as a circle?
do constants like π or e exist?
is math real?

i'm gonna judge you on your response
It's real, and it's sexuality is ambiguous.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
how do you define real?

i'm pretty sure the universe can't really be understood in any meaningful way without numbers so i guess yeah

but like it's not some numberjacks shit innit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Eastwinn
are numbers real?
is there a such thing as a circle?
do constants like π or e exist?
is math real?

i'm gonna judge you on your response

Define "real"
Math is real
Futureal
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Real as in it's something we know of, have words and symbols for and actively use to predict, describe + explain the world, ourselves, etc etc. it can be observed 'through a lens', as it were.

I mean obv at the end of the day it's a system working with abstraction and logic (requiring our created language to refer to it) but that's a fun little debate between the realists and their opponents in books that only frustrated college students read from

but as said above, you gotta effectively define 'real' first.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 18, 2015,
If math is not real...physics is not real...therefore we don't exist.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Only when it's not imaginary.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Math is really hard
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by ElMaco
If math is not real...physics is not real...therefore we don't exist.

They're just the pathetically inadequate tools you pitiful humans attempt to use to 'understand' the multiverses you inhabit without even knowing that you do.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They're just the pathetically inadequate tools you pitiful humans attempt to use to 'understand' the multiverses you inhabit without even knowing that you do.
oh shit we got another lizard-man here
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
A study concludes that they have a %68.7 chance of being real.
Stay tuned for probability of the study being real
Humans invented the numbers

Nature created the rules

~~~~~~
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Math is a tool to understand existence

Except it doesn't work lol Shrodingers Equation

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Banjocal
oh shit we got another lizard-man here

The lizard-men are as superior to humans as humans are to... oh, what does it matter, you're all pretty much bacteria anyway.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Only when it's not imaginary.

Quote by Trowzaa
Humans invented the numbers

Nature created the rules

~~~~~~

ok now we're doing something here
Math is literally without use to me, therefore your judgement means nothing, this field can die a horrible death, and mathematicians deserve a sulfur-drenched hell.
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33601092
Math is a tool to understand existence

Except it doesn't work lol Shrodingers Equation

What's wrong with Schrödinger's?
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Math is literally without use to me, therefore your judgement means nothing, this field can die a horrible death, and mathematicians deserve a sulfur-drenched hell.

it's really picking up
Quote by Eastwinn at #33601102
it's really picking up

Math's usefulness or your expectation for bad responses? Please don't say both, that'd be cruel.
Quote by ElMaco
What's wrong with Schrödinger's?

Doesn't work for systems larger than hydrogen atom (too many variables) so you have to do weird simulations and models when you add more than one proton / election to the equation.

I used #algebra at work today

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Math is literally without use to me.

Lol

I hate math because it's a boring pain in the ass and higher level math isn't very useful for most people, but if you sincerely think the entire concept of mathematics is useless in your life, you're kidding yourself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33601113
I used #algebra at work today

I'm so sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?
No it was good it helped me work out an unknown distance #handy

Quote by necrosis1193 at #33601118
Lol

I hate math because it's a boring pain in the ass and higher level math isn't very useful for most people, but if you sincerely think the entire concept of mathematics is useless in your life, you're kidding yourself.

I'm 100% serious, actually. Math has zero use to not just myself, but all of humanity. If math died tomorrow, the only people who'd show up to the funeral would be sort of acquaintances and they'd be on their phones during the service. If math posted on Facebook that it got its MSc, it'd get one Like from its grandmother. When math wakes up in the morning, it opens Instagram and sees all the other fields being happy and all it can do is think about its misery.

But we shouldn't feel bad for math, because math cut you off that one time. It also spilled your coffee on your mom that time she took a plane to visit, because math didn't like how sugary it was even if it was your damn coffee. Math made fun of your intellect, weight, home life, financial situation, dress sense, and friends in high school.

If hell exists, it'd be too good for math. Or maths, whatever that dick likes to call itself. Fuck math.
did ur maths teacher rape u

Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33601133
I'm 100% serious, actually. Math has zero use to not just myself, but all of humanity. If math died tomorrow, the only people who'd show up to the funeral would be sort of acquaintances and they'd be on their phones during the service. If math posted on Facebook that it got its MSc, it'd get one Like from its grandmother. When math wakes up in the morning, it opens Instagram and sees all the other fields being happy and all it can do is think about its misery.

But we shouldn't feel bad for math, because math cut you off that one time. It also spilled your coffee on your mom that time she took a plane to visit, because math didn't like how sugary it was even if it was your damn coffee. Math made fun of your intellect, weight, home life, financial situation, dress sense, and friends in high school.

If hell exists, it'd be too good for math. Or maths, whatever that dick likes to call itself. Fuck math.

What did math do to you to deserve this
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33601113
Doesn't work for systems larger than hydrogen atom (too many variables) so you have to do weird simulations and models when you add more than one proton / election to the equation.

Hmmm. I guess this is true. Math is trying its best though
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm 100% serious, actually. Math has zero use to not just myself, but all of humanity.

You're using a computer and on the internet.

And yeah, math is real. It's discovered, not invented.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 18, 2015,
Probably should have named yourself ali.guitarkid
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I honestly can't tell if you're actually serious or being sarcastic.

If you're sarcastic, fair enough. If you're serious, you're an insane person.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Eastwinn
define your own shit, ok
that's important in this case

No, you posed the question, the parameters are for you to define.

If you don't know how to properly phrase a question. Go learn how and then come back.
I didn't read the OP, but I'll say this.

I believe in the rational, irrational, real, imaginary and higher powers.

Math is as real as my belief...

Quote by Eastwinn
it's really picking up

You said you weren't going to read the responses, you lying prick!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 18, 2015,
Page 1 of 3