What's the difference between Floyd Rose Original and Floyd Rose 1000? Are they any good? Which one's better? All I know is that the FR special sucks.
http://dellus.net/updates/original-floyd-rose-german-vs-korean/

short answer: the OFR is made in Germany by Schaller, the FRT-x000 is made in Korea. IMO, the frt-x000 is usable, but noticeably not quite as nice as the German one. EDIT: The OFR is very good, the frt-x000 is pretty good (but you can tell that some corners have been cut compared to the OFR).

Just be careful, though- some companies might list the frt-x000 as an OFR on a guitar's specs. So you want to be sure it's actually an OFR before paying extra.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
http://dellus.net/updates/original-floyd-rose-german-vs-korean/

short answer: the OFR is made in Germany by Schaller, the FRT-x000 is made in Korea. IMO, the frt-x000 is usable, but noticeably not quite as nice as the German one. EDIT: The OFR is very good, the frt-x000 is pretty good (but you can tell that some corners have been cut compared to the OFR).

Just be careful, though- some companies might list the frt-x000 as an OFR on a guitar's specs. So you want to be sure it's actually an OFR before paying extra.

What would you rate each on a scale of 1-10? How can I be sure it's original? And should I pay $110 more for the exact same guitar but with an upgrade from the 1000 to Original?
Quote by xcamero360
What would you rate each on a scale of 1-10? How can I be sure it's original? And should I pay $110 more for the exact same guitar but with an upgrade from the 1000 to Original?

Depends on the value of the guitar.

If it's a $400 guitar, probably not.

If it's a $4,000 guitar, absolutely.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Depends on the value of the guitar.

If it's a $400 guitar, probably not.

If it's a $4,000 guitar, absolutely.

It's a BC Rich nj deluxe jr v. One place is selling it for $750 with FRO, and one place is selling an older model with Fr1000 for $660 and I just realized I counted wrong. $90 my bad
Quote by xcamero360
It's a BC Rich nj deluxe jr v. One place is selling it for $750 with FRO, and one place is selling an older model with Fr1000 for $660 and I just realized I counted wrong. $90 my bad

Judgement call. I'd do it if it were me.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by xcamero360

I'm figuring the BC Rich nj deluxe jr v for $750 you're talking about is a new one since that's what they sell for. If that's the case it to is an FR1000 that's on it, not a German OFR. The FRx000's are advertised as FRO's (not OFR) in most cases. Most all new/newer mass produced guitars under $2,500 are going to have the Korean FRO and not the German OFR. So I wouldn't sweat choosing between the 2 over that.
Quote by xcamero360

Ah I dunno Obviously these numbers are made up but I'd probably give the OFR about 8 out of 10 and the frt-x000 around 6.

Are you sure it's an upgrade? I'd be be very, very, very, very, very, very, very sceptical that that dearer one actually has a Schaller-made OFR and doesn't just actually have the FRT-X000 but the store is describing it as an FRO (unless it's used and the original owner upgraded it). EDIT: beaten to it^ . Yeah WayCoolJR's on the money- OFRs (the Schaller one) are getting, if anything, rarer on production guitars. It's highly unlikely that a guitar which isn't made in the west or Japan will have a Schaller-made OFR on it, and even some USA models don't any more.

The Schaller one should say "made in Germany" on it, but I think you have to remove it from the guitar to see it. Not really feasible if it's in the shop, though feasible if you buy it and they swear blind it's a schaller-made OFR and you take it out at home to check.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 18, 2015,
Quote by xcamero360
What's the difference between Floyd Rose Original and Floyd Rose 1000? Are they any good? Which one's better? All I know is that the FR special sucks.

Both are the same materials and design. The Floyd Rose 1000 is ONLY available on OEM guitars (Gibson, Fender, etc.) and you don't buy it. The Floyd Rose Original is exactly the same as the 1000, but made in Germany, and it's available for sale over the counter.

There's a Floyd Rose 1000 PRO that's available over the counter. But it's a "low profile" version of the Floyd Rose Original and it's also made in Korea.
It's not exactly the same, though. You only have to look at the two side by side to see that the 1000 is much more crudely-made. (Even the Schaller-made OFR is a little crude compared to, say, a Gotoh, but it's a fair bit better than the 1000.)

The fine tuners, for example, feel very cheap on the 1000.

Or just look at that link I posted.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?