Poll: What should be done about MLG culture?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should be done about MLG culture?
It should be encouraged
8 62%
It should be BANNED
5 38%
Voters: 13.
It should be banned, because if that video is anything to go by, it's all about stupid ****ing teenagers who have had one real joint.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Nah, just get good scrub.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
is MLG Major League Gaming or Marxist Literary Group bc Google is NOT being helpful here
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
is MLG Major League Gaming or Marxist Literary Group bc Google is NOT being helpful here

Watch the video, it's Marxist af.
Quote by Diemon Dave
judging by the video it stands for "Meme-Licking Git"
ha-haaa
Quote by WCPhils
You can't make me click on that video

Trust me, it's teenage Marxists who have had weed for the first time. And touched a butt.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Yfw your child asks for you to pay for videogame lessons and calls some nerd 'coach' while learning league of legends strats.

Yfw kids earn Esport scholarships to colleges.

Yfw Lol championships air regularly on television.

Yfw these 'pro gamers' are mostly socially inept and/or weird.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 18, 2015,
Quote by megano28 at #33601204
What the **** is MLG?

I love how it doesn't even hide that it's a straight ripoff of MLB's logo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by stratkat at #33601211
Yfw your child asks for you to pay for videogame lessons and calls some nerd 'coach' while learning league of legends strats.

What's Yfw some meme
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
What's Yfw some meme

Yellow Frankfurter Willy
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by stratkat at #33601211

Yfw this guy has made $1.7m playing video games

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by stratkat
Mfw I'm trying to wrap my head around a nerd wearing an athletic cup and taking a picture of it.

*insert pic of my face right now*

I thought he's stuck like a Razr naga down there or something. Doesn't look... natural.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33601251
Yellow Frankfurter Willy

Just as I thought

I'm always right
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
A mate of mine used to make pretty decent money out of tournamenting Gears of War. Stopped because it was ruining his life and made him lazy, unmotivated, lax etc, but there's defo good money in it even on lower levels.
ha-haaa
I make the airhorn noise all the time. classic

outside that, MLG and slightly-more-self-aware MLG groups are ok but get boring after like a minute. ANd then it spreads everyone (sandstorm and other memes) it's just lame

i do like the x files music though, it's great. I use that one a few times also
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by WCPhils

I love how it doesn't even hide that it's a straight ripoff of MLB's logo

Quote by slapsymcdougal
It should be banned, because if that video is anything to go by, it's all about stupid ****ing teenagers who have had one real joint.

Can actually confirm
Quote by grouchpunk08
It lets all their anger out and that is a good thing.

Should be encouraged.

Nah, they should let their anger out in an actual real arena, with baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire and shit.

Not that we'd ever let them out or anything.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Banjocal
A mate of mine used to make pretty decent money out of tournamenting Gears of War. Stopped because it was ruining his life and made him lazy, unmotivated, lax etc, but there's defo good money in it even on lower levels.

lol can confirm
Quote by Banjocal at #33601284

Who was your friend? I was in the Gears of War YouTube community. I'm getting back into it, lol, it was a cringey time.
Free Ali
You know when you're playing online and there's some kid who plays for 8 hours a day calling you a "niggerfaggot" because you can't land airshots and saying shit like "that's going on youtube" every time he gets a kill?

That really grinds my gears (of war).
Quote by tateandlyle
hi, my name's tom taylor - you may know me as t-squared

give him the backsmack
Quote by Will Lane
are mlg kids actually real? i know the internet likes to make fun of them but i don't know if they actually exist or if it's just a few individuals or if it's just a joke

MLG is very much a real company. If you're referring to people making legit MLG montages, that kinda stopped after MW2 and turned into the meme culture it is today. Almost nobody uses dubstep anymore because
a) it was a fad music genre
b) it sucks

Groups like FaZe still make very similar stuff because that's how they originally gained recognition.

Quote by tateandlyle
hi, my name's tom taylor - you may know me as t-squared

why does Gandhi hate you?
Quote by chrismendiola
Who was your friend? I was in the Gears of War YouTube community. I'm getting back into it, lol, it was a cringey time.
Vince was his forename. Sometimes went by smokey light

he was doing live tournaments tho
ha-haaa
I was pretty good at Halo 3, me and my cousin used to get matched against real MLG pro guys (you could tell because they got a special emblem thing) in ranked doubles (2v2) and we'd usually do alright, won about 50% of them at our peak

that's my only real experience with halo's MLG scene, I tried playing reach's MLG playlist they made, but it was full of try hard kids who'd send you shit if you didn't play the "pro" way, which I never. It was actually really amusing fvcking with them. Same on CoD, using the heavy machine guns and spraying people, or using rpgs and danger close. So many hateful messages :') My mate was amazing at it and was the only thing he did. I actually played "properly" for the most part, just not the quickscope shit, which I got some flak for. Never understood how someone can moan for "hardscoping", like yes I'm using a sniper properly? sorry?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
The only "competitive" game I've ever been really good at Black Ops. My friends and I had like a 500 match winning streak or something ridiculous. I suck at pretty much every other shooter

Oh and not that there's a competitive scene, but I wreck it at Mario Kart. No one wants to play me anymore
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...