Page 1 of 2
Lorde is the only unproblematic celebrity.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I cant take that word seriously anymore.

the way I see it RE celebrities, asides from idolising a stranger based on their work being kinda weird, like if you have 10 favourite musicians, bands, painters, media personalities, like at least 2 of them might have views that are really out of keeping with your own. It seems unreasonable to raise high expectations of them in the first place.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
What about Halsey

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I only have 2 beers left in the house.

That is a far more pressing problem than anything that might be in those videos, because I'm not going to watch them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What about Halsey

Halsey isn't a celebrity lol
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I like her better than other feminazis cuz she's cheerful and smiles.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by wafflesyrup
Who's that qt and why she be wasting her time not being with me yo?

Being with you would be problematic.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ErikLensherr
I like her better than other feminazis cuz she's cheerful and smiles.

I'd rather someone just tell me I am cis white het male scum rather than smile and be like "hey bby maybe ur a terrible person "

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Lorde is the only unproblematic celebrity.

ive definitely seen articles about how "royals" is racist, fyi
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd rather someone just tell me I am cis white het male scum rather than smile and be like "hey bby maybe ur a terrible person "

Literally all she said is "nobody's perfect" like 50 times over tho you'd think with that many unnecessary diagrams even you might figure that out
Quote by neidnarb11890
ive definitely seen articles about how "royals" is racist, fyi

I have too, but I've also seen Lorde's hair.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
And now I only have one beer left, so that's twice as problematic as it was earlier.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Literally all she said is "nobody's perfect" like 50 times over tho you'd think with that many unnecessary diagrams even you might figure that out

That's such a shitlord attitude to have. Everybody is perfect

And white people wearing dreadnoughts doesn't make them less perfect

I like dancing to Diplo. I criticize Diplo often for his actions.

I like listening to Beyonce. I think she is amazing and hot. I also think she steals a bunch of shit from people and is over-deified and often a pawn for corporate media.

I don't understand the issue here. Are we just supposed to pretend bad things aren't happening? Humans are all flawed and nobody is perfect - that means that things don't have to be perfect for you to enjoy them or admire them, or that receiving criticism means that you aren't allowed to exist. that sounds pretty totalitarian tbh.

my husband relies on me to critique him bc he trusts me, and I trust him for the same. I would think he is ultra dumb if every time I told him something was bothering me or maybe not the best decision for him, he thought I was breaking up with him. I ask him all the time whether or not he likes what I am wearing because I want his criticism, good or bad. now if he yelled "hey fatty go die!!" or something, that would be inappropriate and make me feel really bad. that's not critique though - that's just bullying.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Being with you would be problematic.

Hey! **** you guy I ain't gotta small dick!
Jeremy Corbyn is perfect

Quote by EndTheRapture51
And white people wearing dreadnoughts doesn't make them less perfect

Thas true but to be fair Miley's fashion has been a pretty hideous attempt at staying relevant lately. Credit where credit's due, it does kinda work for her.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Thas true but to be fair Miley's fashion has been a pretty hideous attempt at staying relevant lately. Credit where credit's due, it does kinda work for her.

Who are we to judge Miley for her (admittedly hideous) appearance?

Also the chick from CHVRCHES is perfect

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Jeremy Corbyn is perfect

He looks so much like Obi Wan, I hope he never had a protege who turned on him, and he subsequently defeated, but didn't kill, because if he did, he's getting the shit murdered out of him any day now.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
He looks so much like Obi Wan, I hope he never had a protege who turned on him, and he subsequently defeated, but didn't kill, because if he did, he's getting the shit murdered out of him any day now.

Plot twist :

Cameron was his apprentice

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Plot twist :

Cameron was his apprentice

"Sir, the welfare savings plans are not in the main computer!"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Now I'm imagining cameron on the lava flows, being reconstructed and firing the death star

this is a strange thing to imagine
This means Corbyn will get struck down at the next election

Only to become more powerful than Cameron could possibly imagine

And the election after that Dave will kill Boris and Andy Burnham will become PM or something

Quote by slapsymcdougal
He looks so much like Obi Wan, I hope he never had a protege who turned him on, and he subsequently defeated, but didn't kill, because if he did, he's getting the shit murdered out of him any day now.

This is how I misread that sentence but I think the point probably largely stands either way
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Imagine his penis catching fire.

You're smiling now, right?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by EndTheRapture51

you have to be scum first before you get to be cis white hetero male scum

the other stuff is just extra analysis. and yeah, a lot of people use feminist jargon to back up their shitty rhetoric, but it doesn't mean they're using it right. lots of people use feminist jargon to bully others and it's not cool, just like any other bullying. hell some guy is currently trying to call me and a bunch of other chicks in my departments racist neoliberals because we started a grad student organization to help us all get shit done. it's not because he's white, obviously, but it is a pretty damn hilarious detail considering half of us on the committee are women of color, and yet he gets to tell us we are being racist for... um... making a democratic committee? first he said we were racist because it wasn't democratic. then when we made it democratic, he said democracies are racist. LOL that guy

that being said, what exactly is wrong about what this chick is saying in her youtube video? I am confused because your post says she wants to stop everything, but her whole video is explaining why we shouldn't just stop liking or admiring people and their crafts just because some things they have done are problematic... because we're all problematic.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't know I just felt like we needed a #controversial thread and the message behind the video isn't bad it j ust points out that we shouldn't criticise everyone for every little thing they do because otherwise you could criticise #everything

brad stop being #problematic

The thing that makes me want to punch this girl is her use of the word "y'all" which is so bate like she clearly got it off of tumblr and started trying to introduce it into her own speech.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I love how the title card says " Rise up Take no $%#£!" lol this really politically non-swearing correct revolution is hilarious.

My gender is Raiden.

lenin i miss u

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33601621
I don't know I just felt like we needed a #controversial thread and the message behind the video isn't bad it j ust points out that we shouldn't criticise everyone for every little thing they do because otherwise you could criticise #everything

You've actually ruined the word problematic for me. Which is probably a good thing because the vague way in which I used it was to avoid the effort of arguing (the author that I picked it up from was way smarter than me, though).

I don't know if there'll be any controversy on my end. I won't watch the video I just based that comment off the name. "Are all celebrities problematic?" It's either adorably tongue-in-cheek or eye-rollingly self-aware.
I'm glad ali we can start using better words now

Actually she looks really like this redneck I used to be friends with... That's probably why I find her so annoying.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
tbh I think overly collectivist teenagers with no philosophical understanding of their ideas pertaining to social justice are more to blame for shitting up established academic terms and reducing them to jokes than a single user on a guitar forum
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Page 1 of 2