Hi!

I'm not a kind of guy who use a lot of effects, but there are some of them which I'd really like to use. My budget is around 120 euros. The sound quality is the most important for me, good sound is a must! It should not be too big as well, rather compact. From my experience I can tell that GT series by Boss is too big for my needs.

I need:
-A compressor for bass
-An EQ for both
-Fuzz for bass
-Overdrive and fuzz for guitar
-Some good delay(s) for guitar
-Reverb(s) for guitar
-Some modulating effects for guitar, though i do not use them a lot.
-Ring modulator, for only one song on guitar.

I don't think I need amp sims, but they can be there, I don't mind.

My candidates so far:
-Zoom G3 - My friend told me that it worked good with his bass.
-Line6 M5 - It sounded really ok on youtube with bass.
-Zoom B3 - Some people say it works okay with guitar, some people say that it doesn't work well.
-Digitech BP355 - It looks like it's perfect for me - It has both, guitar and bass amps models, so I'm pretty sure that effects work with both. But what about it's sound quality?
-Line6 Pod XT - It has an option to buy bass amps for it, so I'm pretty sure that the effects are okay for both.

I'm looking forward to your propositions and ideas! Thanks for help in advance.
I own both the zoom b3 and g3.
I'd recommend the G3 for both guitar and bass as the effects are similar. B3 has the option to balance clean signal with processed signal which is great for keeping the low end of the bass. though you can use a EQ with the g3 to add the low end back in. (essential with live use)

EQ is usable, fuzz and distortions are good for a digital pedal
modulation effects are very good (chorus phaser etc) as are the reverbs and delays
It has a ring modulator and several synth effects though i'm not a huge fan.
octave effect is awful (tracking is terrible) though the pitch pedal works well to achieve the same effect.

Amp sims are great and useful for recording.
looper and drum machine get used more than i thought they would.

no experience with the other units i'm afraid.
None of the above.

If you can find a Line 6 Pod X3, that's the one you want.
Once upon a time, there was a Pod XT (which you have on your list) and a BASS Pod XT. I have one of each. The Bass Pod XT is designed specifically for bass and has bass FX and bass amps/cabinets. In addition to the firmware in the XT series, there were also "Modeling Packs" which were upgrades/add-ons that you could pay extra for (including bass pod XT modeling packs).

The X3 has everything the Pod XT has, plus everything the BASS Pod XT has, plus all of those modeling packs, plus you can run two separate rigs at a time (as you can now with the newer HD500X). The X3 came in a rack version (the most expensive), a "LIve" (foot pedal) version, and a "bean" version (the most compact, but with pretty much everything the others have). What the bean lacks is a foot pedal, but you can add that on when you need it (the FBV Shortboard II is $199 new, about $99 used, and it will do everything you need. The FBV Express II is $99 new, about $50 used, and it will do *most* of what you need).

The nice thing about the bean is that you can keep the bean in the backline and have just a foot pedal out front, connected by nothing more than an ethernet cable.

Anyway, find a used X3 bean or Live. See if there are enough features for you: http://line6.com/legacy/podx3/
I'd recommend the G3 for both guitar and bass as the effects are similar. B3 has the option to balance clean signal with processed signal which is great for keeping the low end of the bass. though you can use a EQ with the g3 to add the low end back in. (essential with live use)

Thanks. So my friend must have been right, I'll definitely take a closer look on a G3. So, most of those effects in B3 and G3 basically do the same?

The X3 has everything the Pod XT has, plus everything the BASS Pod XT has, plus all of those modeling packs, plus you can run two separate rigs at a time (as you can now with the newer HD500X). The X3 came in a rack version (the most expensive), a "LIve" (foot pedal) version, and a "bean" version (the most compact, but with pretty much everything the others have). What the bean lacks is a foot pedal, but you can add that on when you need it (the FBV Shortboard II is $199 new, about $99 used, and it will do everything you need. The FBV Express II is $99 new, about $50 used, and it will do *most* of what you need).

It appears to be something perfect for my needs, but it's a little bit above my price range. How does X3 compare to the HD series? I'm asking, because like I said: I don't really need amp sims, I'm focusing on effects, and I heard that HD series sounds better than Pods X3/XT, and I heard that Line6 M5 has effects from HD series. Oh, and I'd like to ask you about XT, have you ever tried it with bass? I'm courious whether those effects like fuzz and compressor work with bass as well.
Quote by hokus_pokus

It appears to be something perfect for my needs, but it's a little bit above my price range. How does X3 compare to the HD series? I'm asking, because like I said: I don't really need amp sims, I'm focusing on effects, and I heard that HD series sounds better than Pods X3/XT, and I heard that Line6 M5 has effects from HD series. Oh, and I'd like to ask you about XT, have you ever tried it with bass? I'm courious whether those effects like fuzz and compressor work with bass as well.

I have XT, X3 and HD Pods. The HD is a completely new design in terms of models. There are fewer models and they're supposed to be better. Problem is, there's really no apples to apples comparison available between the units. The XT/X3 stuff is very good, however, and I have absolutely no problem using it live OR on recording. Oh, and it's the other way around. The "M" series (M13, M9, M5) FX came before the HD Pods, and it's the HD Pods that have M-series FX.

You can use the XT with bass (and there was even a model pack that worked with it). The BASS XT, however, is *all* about the bass, and the FX on that one are specific. If the question is: "Can I get away with the XT for both?" the answer would probably be yes. But it won't be optimal and the X3 is a much better choice if you can find one in your price range.

I realize you said you don't need the Amps/Cabs business on the Pods. Be warned that they're insidious. You'll end up using them <G>

Your budget was around 120 euros. Here's a Pod X3 bean for $120:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-Pod-X3-Live-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-with-AC-adapter-/262055372751

It says, X3 Live, but the photo is obviously of an X3 bean.

Here's another currently at $102 (but the auction is 33 minutes from being over): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-Pod-X3-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Effect-Unit-/171932187508

Another with "make an offer" available: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-Pod-X3-Live-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-/181849023892

Here's an X3 Live currently at $175: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-Pod-X3-Live-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-/262050154670 (sorry, over your budget), but not going anywhere at the moment...
Quote by diabolical
Look up Vox, not sure what it'll be in EU prices but their sounds seem most organic to me.

I had Vox Tonelab once and it did not sound good with my bass. I had Tonelab ST, and i have experience only with that one, buy maybe others soudn better. Would you recommend any other Vox effect?

dspellman, Thanks for those links. I'll check if there's any tarriff tax and the prices of shipping. I hope I can afford it. Though I'm still not sure if I'll start using amps sims
Quote by hokus_pokus
Though I'm still not sure if I'll start using amps sims

I've found the X3 Live for $125 locally (I'm in LA). But it takes some patience.

You won't use the amp sims.

Not until you discover that you can run *everything* through a single full-range cabinet and a good power amp.