Ok, so.

1. Where to buy valves?

2.LIne 6 POD XT Live vs Line 6 POD PRO with that floorboard thing?

3. What's a good single 1x12 cab that's cheap? Also, what's the best place to buy speakers in Europe? I'm talking about V30's.

4.Ok, last one.
I found a used Dean ML CFH for about 520 Euro. It comes with some good quality cable, leather strap and a hard case.

Would it be worth it to get that over the ML79?
I don't really mind the Dime name too much. Plus it comes with better pickups. I thought of getting it then in a few years repainting it.
Thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT:Last time I'm talking about the guitar. Promise
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Sep 19, 2015,
1) You're in europe, right? tubetown seems ok, in germany. there may well be local options, though, i don't live where you do.

3) Cheapest place is probably thomann if you get them loaded in harley benton cabs. However, that's assuming they're the impedance you want (since you don't get to choose, you just have to take the impedance they loaded into the cab which is normally 16 ohms in the 2x12 or 4x12 (i think) or 8 ohms in the 1x12), and that's sort of also assuming that you'd actually use the cabinet as well. while you're almost effectively getting the cab for free, I can't imagine you selling the cab on for much if you rip the speakers out of it, unless you're just really lucky and happen to find someone who already has speakers and who happens to need an empty cab.

Do you want closed-back? The thomann 1x12 is open-backed, a bit annoyingly. Though, while I haven't tried it myself, I think I've maybe heard that V30s can be a bit boxy in closed-backed 1x12s, so there might be a reason why they made it open-backed.

(I dunno about the other two questions.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
1) You're in europe, right? tubetown seems ok, in germany. there may well be local options, though, i don't live where you do.

3) Cheapest place is probably thomann if you get them loaded in harley benton cabs. However, that's assuming they're the impedance you want (since you don't get to choose, you just have to take the impedance they loaded into the cab which is normally 16 ohms in the 2x12 or 4x12 (i think) or 8 ohms in the 1x12), and that's sort of also assuming that you'd actually use the cabinet as well. while you're almost effectively getting the cab for free, I can't imagine you selling the cab on for much if you rip the speakers out of it, unless you're just really lucky and happen to find someone who already has speakers and who happens to need an empty cab.

Do you want closed-back? The thomann 1x12 is open-backed, a bit annoyingly. Though, while I haven't tried it myself, I think I've maybe heard that V30s can be a bit boxy in closed-backed 1x12s, so there might be a reason why they made it open-backed.

(I dunno about the other two questions.)

1. Yeah, Europe. I thought about getting that Jet City or a small Randall RD so that I won't have to frag it around everyehere.

3.Yeah, closed back. Just something small for practicing or jams.
I don't feel like dragging the 2x12 everywhere. I have no car and I'd look awkward on the bus with a bloody 2x12 on my lap ffs.
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
Ok, so.

1. Where to buy valves?

2.LIne 6 POD XT Live vs Line 6 POD PRO with that floorboard thing?

3. What's a good single 1x12 cab that's cheap? Also, what's the best place to buy speakers in Europe? I'm talking about V30's.

4.Ok, last one.
I found a used Dean ML CFH for about 520 Euro. It comes with some good quality cable, leather strap and a hard case.

Would it be worth it to get that over the ML79?
I don't really mind the Dime name too much. Plus it comes with better pickups. I thought of getting it then in a few years repainting it.
Thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT:Last time I'm talking about the guitar. Promise

1. I dunno -- you're in Poland, right?

2. There's another option. You can buy the Pod XT "bean" with that floorboard thing (the FBV Shortboard II, I assume you mean) and it will be cheaper than buying the rackmount version and more compact. I've got the LIVE version staring at me right this morning, and my issues with them is that they require an AC brick out front on stage. They require an additional (expensive) guitar cord on the floor on stage. They put all the expensive electronics out front where they can get damaged. You have to bend over and squint at a tiny window to change anything. If you mung up a switch, the whole unit goes back for repair and you sit with nothing to work with while it's getting fixed.

With the bean, you can actually get a "stand" thingie that will allow you to put it on a mike stand or under the handle of an amp head, etc.. It's very compact and easy to cart around in a gig bag pocket and/or to put on your desk for recording or practice. With the Shortboard out front, the only cable running across the stage is a relatively inexpensive and easy to replace ethernet cable. No AC brick, no guitar cable (except the one that goes to your bean in the backline). You can change things either on the Pod or on the footboard.
And so on.

3. Never touch the things. You can build your own from the Electrovoice TL806 plans and toss either an EV-L or an Eminence Delta Pro 12A in it.

4. Flippin' Deans and Dime. The last time I talked about those things WAS the last time.
1. Yeah.

2.Will that give the same quality of sound in effects as the other models would?

3.Thanks

4.ok
Fly on, fly on
the quaity of the Bean PODs is just fine and not really different per se than the floor models. as mentioned they are compact and fairly easy to use. most of the songs in my profile were recorded using one.

in US so can't talk about good deals in europe.

the only current Deans tht i personally have any interest in are the michael schenker V or perhaps the leslie west sig. while i find that the upper end Dime stuff is't bad not a fan.
Quote by monwobobbo
the quaity of the Bean PODs is just fine and not really different per se than the floor models. as mentioned they are compact and fairly easy to use. most of the songs in my profile were recorded using one.

in US so can't talk about good deals in europe.

the only current Deans tht i personally have any interest in are the michael schenker V or perhaps the leslie west sig. while i find that the upper end Dime stuff is't bad not a fan.

Yeah. Thanks.

I might just get a smaller bean pod because I currently have this Digitech RP70 which is a pain in the arse to use.

I'm also interested in the Michael Schenker V. I found a beutiful 80's Greco Schenker V signature. Slightly too expensive right now. Where would you put the line for the good/bad dean stuff?

Thanks again.
Fly on, fly on
Any reputable guitar shop that near you that sells tube amps should also carry tubes, although they can be few euros more expensive but in a pinch can be a gig saviour. For cheaper stuff check out if there are any webshops that sell music related accessories (guitar speakers, cables, DIY stuff etc...), they often have tubes too and cheaper than local shops. And there is always eurotubes.com and Thomann.de.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by Fryderyczek
Yeah. Thanks.

I might just get a smaller bean pod because I currently have this Digitech RP70 which is a pain in the arse to use.

I'm also interested in the Michael Schenker V. I found a beutiful 80's Greco Schenker V signature. Slightly too expensive right now. Where would you put the line for the good/bad dean stuff?

Thanks again.

$ amounts rarely tell the whole story on any guitar line. a guitar that has a floyd will most likely cost more than one that doesn't but could be of lesser quality. you pay for the FR and not necessarily for "better" on the guitar overall. on the Deans though if i have to answer i'd say over $600 (in US) is more likely to get you a reasonably good guitar. i'll exclude the Dime stuff as you pay for the name. so far apart frm the original 70s Deans they really don't interest me so i'm not the best guy to ask about that. i've tried a few i liked and a bunch that did nothing for me. like BC Rich Dean does get a lot of crap that may not be deserved but there are reasons for the hate as well.
As for tubes/valves in Poland, try this: http://sklep.lampyelektronowe.pl

Ordered twice from them and it went very smoothly, there's a pretty large choice too apparently. (It seems they're currently a bit slower due to holidays or something but still should be within a week max)
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Quote by TheLiberation
As for tubes/valves in Poland, try this: http://sklep.lampyelektronowe.pl

Ordered twice from them and it went very smoothly, there's a pretty large choice too apparently. (It seems they're currently a bit slower due to holidays or something but still should be within a week max)

Wow, thanks. You Polish too?
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
1. Yeah, Europe. I thought about getting that Jet City or a small Randall RD so that I won't have to frag it around everyehere.

3.Yeah, closed back. Just something small for practicing or jams.
I don't feel like dragging the 2x12 everywhere. I have no car and I'd look awkward on the bus with a bloody 2x12 on my lap ffs.

Yeah good point. i guess the bigger you can get it the less boxy it might sound, but then you're into almost the same problems you are with a 2x12- too big and bulky and awkward if you don't have a car.

If you want it to be really light some companies use neodymium speakers, but I haven't tried them. I think DVmark has some pretty lightweight cabs (but I haven't tried them, I have no idea what they're like).

It's kind of hard to recommend speaker retailers because most of the ones here in the UK will charge a ton for postage outside the UK (even inside the UK if you're in NI like me )- even if they are cheaper, by the time you pay the postage they probably won't be. So I guess check the usual places like thomann which have free postage, and maybe check some local prices too to see how they compare.

Quote by dspellman

3. Never touch the things. You can build your own from the Electrovoice TL806 plans and toss either an EV-L or an Eminence Delta Pro 12A in it.

Aren't they pretty heavy as speakers go, though? If he need the thing to be portable, they might not be an option. They're also pretty dear, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 20, 2015,