I have two guitars that I am trying to decide which to get as my back up. The specs are pretty comparable. What I would like to know is there a way/method for me to compare the sounds of each guitar. what I am doing now is playing one guitar unplugging it and plug in in the other guitar with all the guitar and amp settings the same. the issue is that each guitar sounds great when played but I can't compare to how the other sounded cuz I'm not advanced enough to notice tiny nuances and the most recent guitar sounds are in my head. Are there certain chords, notes etc that I can play that can help with this? Hope this makes sense!
Record them? Seems pretty straight forward, and you are deffinetly overthinking this.

Anyway, if they sound that similar, then it isnt even an issue. If you are playing in a live setting, then the minimal difference in the sound will not be noticable at all. Just use the one that you find more comfortable.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
if you can't tell by ear, get the one that feels better in your hands.

OP- what two guitars are you talking about?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ibanez FR365 vs Mex standard tele. I already own a Strat as my main guitar.
Quote by talino7
Are there certain chords, notes etc that I can play that can help with this? Hope this makes sense!

Nope.
Listen, ultimately it's going to be YOU who makes the guitar, not the other way around. If they both sound good, and they're both set up well, then pick for some other reason.