Someone is selling this blackheart amp for $150. I mostly play in the style of buckethead, metallica and i may go heavier at times. Also a lot of hard rock, and just instrumentals in general. Anybody know if this amp is good for jamming and playing in small venues.

Thanks!
Perhaps, but not for Metallica or anything very much heavier (unless you use a distortion pedal). It's a pretty good clean blues to classic rock kind of amp. What is your budget and are you willing to buy used or only new?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
Perhaps, but not for Metallica or anything very much heavier (unless you use a distortion pedal). It's a pretty good clean blues to classic rock kind of amp. What is your budget and are you willing to buy used or only new?

Agreed. It's a great amp(I have the head and cab), but you will need pedals to get heavy tones. It takes pedals incredibly well.
If you're playing in "small venues" other than someone's garage, and if you're playing with a drummer, you'll probably want more than 15 watts.
Quote by dspellman
If you're playing in "small venues" other than someone's garage, and if you're playing with a drummer, you'll probably want more than 15 watts.

Not necessarily. I toured with an Orange TH30 head and 2x12 and I can definitely recall times that I wished I had the same tone in a smaller package. The only time I fully liked it was for outside venues, where there was plenty of room to turn up. Was definitely happier with it in half power mode (15 watts).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
It sounds very good but you'll need pedals to achieve the sounds you're after.

For gigs you'll want a PA system in any case.
For reharsals it will work but you probably won't get a completely clean sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.