Aged 34, graduated 3 times, unemployed, still a virgin, trapped in my parents' house

Page 1 of 7
At a certain point you need to swallow your dignity and hire a prostitute.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
At a certain point you need to swallow your dignity and hire a prostitute.

You'll probably have to pay extra if you want her to swallow, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Makig youtube videos to say he is 34 year old 3 time graduate unemployed virgin trapped in his parents' house isn't likely to solve any of his problems
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Makig youtube videos to say he is 34 year old 3 time graduate unemployed virgin trapped in his parents' house isn't likely to solve any of his problems

Also, having watched it on YT, posting it on an account in his own name isn't likely to help his future job prospects either.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I feel for the guy. It's how I feel about my life: never got started. I think the perception is that your life starts once you're no longer living with your parents, and it's absolutely true.

Although if you grow up worshiping those things, seeing a career and a girlfriend as what constitutes a life, then you're either gonna have those and won't think about your world much, or you're not gonna have those and you'll resent those that do, you'll see the world as broken, you'll feel stunted and small because you let those things dictate your worldview.

Yes, that's really how the system works. But it's still your life. I knew that a degree is meaningless at 16 just from talking to some people on this site.

lol he should either go into academics, or move to Dubai (a city that values degrees over experience, for real. If you have a master's degree you're near royalty here, stunted or no. I actually know a guy who was earning very little at 35, got his master's online, and then immediately jumped up to like $10k a month — I know this sounds like a stupid advert, but that's because Dubai is a stupid city made up of people who were so dazzled by the lights and skyscrapers and the prospect of being rich they ended up coming here to worship that stuff some more).
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 20, 2015,
Honestly, from the thread title I thought this was about you. I mean don't get me wrong 34 seemed a bit old but besides that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I feel for the guy. It's how I feel about my life: never got started. I think the perception is that your life starts once you're no longer living with your parents, and it's absolutely true.

Although if you grow up worshiping those things, seeing a career and a girlfriend as what constitutes a life, then you're either gonna have those and won't think about your world much, or you're not gonna have those and you'll resent those that do, you'll see the world as broken, you'll feel stunted and small because you let those things dictate your worldview.

Yes, that's really how the system works. But it's still your life. I knew that a degree is meaningless at 16 just from talking to some people on this site.

lol he should either go into academics, or move to Dubai (a city that values degrees over experience, for real).

It's what we are socially conditioned to believe in by society and media. People living with their parents in shows are always showed as weirdo people so "adults" view people living with their parents as an old age as unattractive and unacceptable.

In our society, a career and a girlfriend are a life. That's what we have been trained to see as a fufilled life.

A degree isn't meaningless it's more like...networking and work experience is often more important than a degree and degrees and academia aren't the only thing you can go on expecting a job.

It's also a vicious cycle as the more bitter and unhappy he becomes at the system and the longer time goes on the harder he's going to find these things.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Honestly, from the thread title I thought this was about you. I mean don't get me wrong 34 seemed a bit old but besides that.

Don't worry I'm 23, have a job, have moved out and am not a virgin
He went to uni 3 times and is still a virgin? Uwot

Edit: Freal though, as much as I wish I could feel sorry for this guy, I can't. He seems to have the "Nice guy" attitude, except towards employment rather than women. He's like "I kept my head down, conformed, did what I was told, now where's my reward?", like the moment he graduated a magic employment fairy would drop by and offer him 3 different jobs to choose from.

And I recognise a lot of his thought processes because he thinks similarly to how I used to - he's looking at life as a series of linear goals to progress through one by one. Getting a job will lead to getting friends. Getting friends will lead to a relationship. Getting a relationship will lead to getting laid. Real life doesn't work like that. And yeah, while he should keep looking for a job, he shouldn't be putting the rest of his life on hold until a job arrives.

It sucks to see him like that though because I know that could easily have been me if I'd made different choices in life.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Sep 20, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33603657
It's what we are socially conditioned to believe in by society and media. People living with their parents in shows are always showed as weirdo people so "adults" view people living with their parents as an old age as unattractive and unacceptable.

In our society, a career and a girlfriend are a life. That's what we have been trained to see as a fufilled life.

A degree isn't meaningless it's more like...networking and work experience is often more important than a degree and degrees and academia aren't the only thing you can go on expecting a job.

It's also a vicious cycle as the more bitter and unhappy he becomes at the system and the longer time goes on the harder he's going to find these things.

But it's not just that. If you haven't moved out of your parents' house at 30, you really have little understanding of how the world works. Having agency is essential to growing, that's why he'll feel so stunted — because he sort of is. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a guy who hasn't lived on his own.

Yeah but if you've watched any movie ever made, you're at least familiar with the phrase "money isn't everything." Which sounds like a silly truism but if you end up being obsessed with having material things, or something tangible so you could show the world that you "have", you're just gonna end up miserable even though you've been warned by a silly truism. You're never gonna have enough. In the same way that if you worship intelligence, you'll always feel stupid. If you worship beauty, you'll always feel ugly.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 20, 2015,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33603637
lol he should either go into academics, or move to Dubai (a city that values degrees over experience, for real. If you have a master's degree you're near royalty here, stunted or no. I actually know a guy who was earning very little at 35, got his master's online, and then immediately jumped up to like $10k a month — I know this sounds like a stupid advert, but that's because Dubai is a stupid city made up of people who were so dazzled by the lights and skyscrapers and the prospect of being rich they ended up coming here to worship that stuff some more).

Hmmmmm
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Tbf good luck moving to Dubai with your minimum wage job

And if you have gone to university you will probably have some sort of agency even if you have to move back in with parents either
Same old redpilled bullshit.
The problem is with him, not with society. If he spent more time on self improvement and less time whining he wouldn't have as many problems.
Fuckin' hell.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Last edited by Zox at Sep 20, 2015,
Quote by Zox
Same old redpilled bullshit.
The problem is with him, not with society. If he spent more time on self improvement and less time whining he wouldn't have as many problems.

Well it's not really redpill because it only touches on women its more of a comment about how you need networking over education to get anywhere in life
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Well it's not really redpill because it only touches on women its more of a comment about how you need networking over education to get anywhere in life

This has always been the case. He's been to uni 3 times, he should have plenty of contacts.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by Zox
This has always been the case. He's been to uni 3 times, he should have plenty of contacts.

This, how do you go to uni 3 times and not find at least one qt that'll tolerate you

At some point you have to realise that the problem is with you and not everyone else.

I could only make it through a minute of the video, his sense of entitlement and woe is me attitude is why he isn't getting laid or getting a job
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Sep 20, 2015,
Ah, my future self.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
If you haven't moved out of your parents' house at 30, you really have little understanding of how the world works.

Please elaborate. And please be specific.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Watched the whole thing. Tbh I started tearing up because I know that's exactly how I'm going to end up only without the degrees.

I mean a lot of his points were pretty shaky but he touched on a lot of truth as well imo, I mean it's just basically about getting trapped under capitalism heel and I'm sure a lot of people know what's that like.

Feel bad for the guy tho cuz to bear your soul like that is pretty great but he's only going to get mocked for it.
I'm pretty sure losers existed in communist society too.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yes, but under true Communist Glory, they'd be forced to pair with a female loser who looks about as masculine as they do themselves, and produce the requisite number of offspring for the glory of the people.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Rude
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Rude

What's worse?

A compassionless dickhead, or a dickless compassionhead?
Quote by Diemon Dave
I'll take the first one
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah but they were very little like the dude in the video. Except maybe for the virgin part, communism does not provide an equal distribution of pussay.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yeah but they were very little like the dude in the video. Except maybe for the virgin part, communism does not provide an equal distribution of pussay.

Wait what? Then what the hell is communism for?
Quote by ultimate-slash
Wait what? Then what the hell is communism for?

Gulag.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33603754
or a dickless compassionhead?

That nice old lady at the grocery store who gives me free stuff? I'd rather be her than have a penis and be cruel. Like Erik,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That nice old lady at the grocery store who gives me free stuff? I'd rather be her than have a penis and be cruel. Like Erik,

Right, that's one dickectomy coming right up.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Whoa whoa let's start with the cruelty first. You work on making me kind while I go find a barrel of ketamine for step 2.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Whoa whoa let's start with the cruelty first. You work on making me kind while I go find a barrel of ketamine for step 2.

I can't make myself kind, how the hell am I supposed to turn you nice?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33603804
I can't make myself kind, how the hell am I supposed to turn you nice?

Well I can't cut my own penis off and I'm definitely not doing it if I'm just gonna be miserable anyway.

You know what? I'll get someone else to do it. You dick-cutting dickhead. Just a head with a crown of dicks, looking for more dicks to add.