Poll: Would your 12 year old self be proud of who you have become?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would your 12 year old self be proud of who you have become?
Yes, I rock
22 29%
No, I'm a loser
18 23%
My 12 year old self was a cunt, who cares what they think!
32 42%
Sometimes I like to pretend that Adam Sandler is in love with me
5 6%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
If your 12 year old self could see you right now would they be proud of what you've grown up to be? Would they be disappointed? Or would they not care because they were just too cool?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
My 12 year old self can go back to being a fatty at McDonald's
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Interesting question (for once (not just from you, personally, but from the pit))

I'm quite different compared to how I was 12 years ago, but then I guess everyone changes a lot as they grow. I think my kid self would be happy to see me living on my own (what kid doesn't want to) but he would not be satisfied with saving money purely for paying bills (and neither is current me )
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Well I had sex a few times and have a gaming PC so 12 year old me would think I was pretty cool

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
My twelve-year-old self would be dissapointed that I don't own tons of decent musical instruments and equipment, and he would be bummed that I don't skate anymore.

EDIT: My twelve-year-old self is pretty much the same as my twenty-five-year-old self.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I actually had this conversation with a really interesting person a couple days ago. I think my 12 year old self would be disappointed. I gave up on my dreams and just let life take me where it would. I mean, I get on well enough I suppose but it isn't what I wanted back then. And it certainly isn't what I want now.

I guess part of growing up is learning to compromise and make sacrifices. Something the 12 year old me had no concept of.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
My 12 year old self would have liked me a lot, I think.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Victory2134 at #33604434
I actually had this conversation with a really interesting person a couple days ago. I think my 12 year old self would be disappointed. I gave up on my dreams and just let life take me where it would. I mean, I get on well enough I suppose but it isn't what I wanted back then. And it certainly isn't what I want now.

I guess part of growing up is learning to compromise and make sacrifices. Something the 12 year old me had no concept of.

Yeah, I bet you have a lot of conversations about 12 year olds.
Free Ali
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Well I had sex a few times and have a gaming PC so 12 year old me would think I was pretty cool
this
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by JustRooster at #33604439
My 12 year old self would have liked me a lot, I think.

I think this.

My 12 year old self probably would be upset that I've "missed" so many things though, and been an unwilling third-party witness to some of the most important events in my life.

But you can't make it perfect, and 12 year old me had a lot of aspirations, and I can still make most of those aspirations, so
My God, it's full of stars!
yeah idk I barely remember being 12
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'm not sure. I think 12 year old me would be kind of turned on by me now if anything.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by chrismendiola
Yeah, I bet you have a lot of conversations about 12 year olds.

Now that you mention it, it is kind of strange that we had that conversation on the first date.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
My 12 year old self was a nerdy loser with no friends.

My current self is a nerdy loser with no friends as well actually. I don't know if I would say disappointment. Just that everything has gone just like expected.
Quote by Victory2134

Now that you mention it, it is kind of strange that we had that conversation on the first date.

So basically she asked you about what you were like at her age?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My 12 year old self definitely was a little cunt....doesn't mean that I'm not a loser nowxD
Hmm good question, I think he'd be proud yeah.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
mix between options 1 & 3. my 12 year old self wouldn't care to hang with me at all but we're both p chill so it's nbd in the end. 15 year old me on the other hand was a grimy little shit who'd prolly get stomped by 12 year old me lol fuck that guy

Quote by theogonia777
So basically she asked you about what you were like at her age?

No way, dating a 12 year old is gross.

D:
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by sashki
My 12 year old self didn't know what he wanted to be when he grew up. We have that in common.

I'm sure that 12 year old you would be happy you kept that Zakk Wylde guitar.

Quote by Victory2134
No way, dating a 12 year old is gross.

D:

Because too old or too serious?
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 20, 2015,
Well... 12 year old would probably have expected adult me to be the most awesome person ever. While that may be a bit ambitious, I see no problems with such an expectation. That being said, I constantly reconsider what I consider adulthood to be.

And by that I mean that my threshold for adulthood is dynamic.

By which I mean that adulthood is postponed by a certain period of time at a set interval, namely by a year, every year.

I'm not an adult yet, is what I'm saying
Quote by slash_page10
I could probably take on three...maybe four 12 year old versions of myself in a fight.

Why tho
Quote by theogonia777
Because too old or too serious?

Too young. What kind of person do you think I am?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
12 year old me wanted to be a bounty hunter or pro BMX rider or something, but w/e.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
My 12 year old self would be disappointed in my progress at guitar, my love life, my sexuality, and my recent acquisition of a Nicki Minaj album.

But yeah he was a prick and I'd beat the shit out of him.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I voted "No, I'm a loser" before I could think things through.
I should've voted "My 12 year old self was a cunt, who cares what they think!", cus I was a fucking idiot, who wouldn't stand up against bullies, because of "But if I say bad word to them or hit them then teacher will be angry and tell my parents how I'm a bad kid."

Fuck my 12 year old self if hes gonna judge me. Fucking loser pussy.
so that's like 7th grade?
he'd be a tad confused about the music i listen to but smugly proud that i do still listen to a lot of what he did.
he'd disappointed at the crushes that didn't work out and his one-track-crush-mind won't appreciate any new interests that did work out
he'd be confused at how i don't watch tv anymore
he wouldn't react to the fact that i'm at a big university and stuff cause of that class privilege.
stuff like that
Quote by ultimate-slash
Well... 12 year old would probably have expected adult me to be the most awesome person ever. While that may be a bit ambitious, I see no problems with such an expectation. That being said, I constantly reconsider what I consider adulthood to be.

And by that I mean that my threshold for adulthood is dynamic.

By which I mean that adulthood is postponed by a certain period of time at a set interval, namely by a year, every year.

I'm not an adult yet, is what I'm saying

YOU LITTLE SHIT YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE LEGAL

it's funny cuz im younger than you

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
My 12 year old self would try to start a fight with me

...And probably win
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I've had plenty of sex and thats all my 12 year old self cares about so yeah i'm a fucking legend to him
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
My 12-year old self was a wee bastard. But if he knew what 34 year old me was like, he'd probably have decided to kill himself at 20, because it's all downhill since then.
well, as thirteen, i have progressed my guitar skills a lot. so i think im in the clear from eight months ago
my 12 year self was awful so I wouldn't gaf what he thinks however I am definitely a loser by both my 12 year old standards and current standards lol

so far my life actually peaked at 15 (not much of a peak lol) and it's all been downhill since.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 20, 2015,
I don't remember much of myself before turning 14, much less my thoughts.
Mom blames it on the medication I was on.

I remember getting picked on by this one kid for wearing briefs and not boxers, thoough. He called them tidy-wideys.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 20, 2015,
Page 1 of 2