I have a max budget of $2400 and I need a very good guitar. The ones I was considering first are the Framus Diablo Supreme and the Suhr Modern Satin. One of my friends is a guitar dealer and he is offering me some Mayones, Schecter Custom Shop and Caparison, he is even willing to give me some discounts. Now, I have NO experience with any of these guitars. Right now I'm playing a Gibson SG Standard but I don't love it that much. I play alt rock, hard rock, prog rock and alt metal, I do need a fast neck and some fat tones. The bridge pick up should be really tight when palm muting but I also want nice classic phrasing tones. On the neck pick up I would like something snappier, for some heavy funky lines too and liquid solos. I really need great definition and articulation. I do not like floyd rose bridges. Tune-o-matic, fixed or simple tremolo bridges are prefered.

Do any of you guys have experience on these guitars and guitar companys? What should I look for? Any experience with their feel and build quality? Where I leave there are no good guitar stores. My options are mostly online. My dealer leaves in LA so we are talking online...

For your help, thank you.

Edit: I play a Mesa RA100
Last edited by dubyrockstar at Sep 21, 2015,
I have no idea about how good Schecter's Custom Shop is (though most custom shops tend to be good) but Framus, Suhr, Mayones and Caparison are all well-respected builders, and deservedly so. Probably can't go wrong with any of those in terms of quality.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
For that price I'd get a US-made guitar. You can order a custom Carvin and have plenty left for strings.
Typically, if you're paying that much for a guitar, it's going to be a great instrument. And for what it's worth, I've talked to several people who own Schecter USA Custom Shop guitars, and every one of them raves about them being among the best guitars on the planet. One of them is a guy who owns dozens of extremely high end guitars ($5000+) from just about every major custom shop builder you could think of, and he says his Schecter USAs are the best guitars he's ever played.

I've only personally been able to try out one of them, and not a particularly special model. Just one of their Strat copies. It was fantastic, though. Easily on the same level as top of the line Fender Custom Shop models.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by dthmtl3
For that price I'd get a US-made guitar. You can order a custom Carvin and have plenty left for strings.

that is kind of a silly statement. all of those guitars are stupid nice, just as good or better than anything that comes out of the US.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is kind of a silly statement. all of those guitars are stupid nice, just as good or better than anything that comes out of the US.

And at least one of them is US made.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by the_bi99man
And at least one of them is US made.

yea, suhr is. i don't know about the others though.

i have only played one suhr. and several carvins, its a pretty easy choice between the two. the suhr i played was just godly, carvins are nice, but out of their league when it comes to suhr.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by dthmtl3

i love Carvin, but when your budget gets over $2k there are much better options. Mayones, for example, is exactly what TS is looking for. If he had 2.4k for an amp and guitar, however, nothing could beat Carvin
modes are a social construct
Quote by trashedlostfdup

i have only played one suhr. and several carvins, its a pretty easy choice between the two. the suhr i played was just godly, carvins are nice, but out of their league when it comes to suhr.

I have both. Seven Carvins and counting, and a Suhr on the way (okay, so I don't *technically* have a Suhr quite yet). I'm also looking at picking up one of the new Kiesel Carvins, some of which are a whole 'nother level as well. Since both are made here in So Cal, I've played a ton of each. I don't think your statement holds up.

That said, I think the real issue is determining what KIND of guitar that OP is interested in. There's gotta be more than simply, "I've got $2400 I want to blow on a guitar."
No Carvin, I do not like them. Dont make this more hard please, these are the options I have. It's never been this hard :/. I usually choose a guitar on the fly but on this budget it gets very complicated.

Oh, I if you pay attention I stated what I need from a guitar.
What about a PRS Custom? Or are the options that you listed in your post the only ones you are considering?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
No more options please, it makes it more harder. I need the input of people who have played these guitars.

Thank you!

Edit: No more Framus, it has been sold and I can't afford a new one.
Quote by dubyrockstar

Oh, I if you pay attention I stated what I need from a guitar.

This?

I play alt rock, hard rock, prog rock and alt metal, I do need a fast neck and some fat tones. The bridge pick up should be really tight when palm muting but I also want nice classic phrasing tones.

With what is left of what you listed, I'd prioritize Caparison, then Mayones then Suhr then Shecter Custom in general, not knowing which particular models.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dubyrockstar
No Carvin, I do not like them.

What, you've played all of them?
I'm thinking not.
Quote by dspellman
I have both. Seven Carvins and counting, and a Suhr on the way (okay, so I don't *technically* have a Suhr quite yet). I'm also looking at picking up one of the new Kiesel Carvins, some of which are a whole 'nother level as well. Since both are made here in So Cal, I've played a ton of each. I don't think your statement holds up.

That said, I think the real issue is determining what KIND of guitar that OP is interested in. There's gotta be more than simply, "I've got $2400 I want to blow on a guitar."

My statement holds up fine, it is MY experience.

You have played different guitars than me and we have different tastes and our experiences aren't the same.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Probably can't go wrong with any of those in terms of quality.

That's what I'd have thought, though I haven't tried all of them.

It's ages since I've tried them, though. I did think the caparison I tried, while nice, was pretty expensive for what it was, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That Schecter looks tits. I'm just wondering about their necks.

And I would get one without FR bridge.
IME, Schecter- like Dean, Fernandes, BC Rich and others- tends to cater to the guitarist playing in heavier genres of music, including those where shredding is king. As a result, the necks on many of their guitars are going to be on the skinnier side. However, since they make quite a few different guitars, you might contact Schecter (or the seller) directly to figure out what kind of neck a particular guitar has.

Quote by dthmtl3
Wow, people would actually pay $2600 for a bolt-on with 22 frets and some nasty pickguard?

If those are the features they want and they want the BEST, then yeah I'd imagine so. There in nothing inherently superior about set necks, no pickguard and 24 frets unless you need those features. I have never had a problem with a bolt on guitar, I find I don't need those two extra frets, and I think a pickguard can look snazzy. The only gripe I have with that guitar is the neck heel isn't really carved for comfort (I have grown to really like that about my EBMM).

TS, as others have said, all options are going to be pretty great at that price. Really it's a crapshoot. I have only played a Suhr from that list and it was godly, I can recommend that one highly (a couple of guys on the forum have had them and seem to think highly of them).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I agree with the neck joint actually. Geez, why do all their guitars have same kind of neck joint?
Quote by trashedlostfdup

The Schecter Custom Shop models are USA made.

Also,

Quote by dannyalcatraz
IME, Schecter- like Dean, Fernandes, BC Rich and others- tends to cater to the guitarist playing in heavier genres of music, including those where shredding is king. As a result, the necks on many of their guitars are going to be on the skinnier side. However, since they make quite a few different guitars, you might contact Schecter (or the seller) directly to figure out what kind of neck a particular guitar has.

One thing to keep in mind about the Schecter options that the OP is looking at, is that the USA Custom Shop Schecters are very different from the "Diamond Series" guitars that they've been known for since the late 90s. Although there are similarities between some models, they don't work like the USA Jacksons or Fenders or Gibsons vs their cheaper imported counterparts, where the USA models are mostly high end versions of the same basic ideas that you can get from the imported lines. Most of the USA Schecter models are much more traditional in design than the Diamond Series models that have become so popular among hard rock/heavy metal players. This is a reflection of the fact that they've actually been making them since the 70s, when they started out making high end replacement parts for Fenders and Gibsons, eventually making bodies and necks based on their traditional designs, as well. So, many of Schecter's USA models have slightly thicker, less "shreddy" necks than you find on the majority of the Diamond Series guitars.

Also, I was just on their website, looking Custom Shop stuff, and found this, which is an interesting read, and may be particularly interesting to you, OP, if you're seriously considering a USA Schecter. http://schecterguitars.com/media-vault/news/item/557-letter-from-the-president Gotta love California.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Good to know.