"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
There's some great jams here but 99% of the songs in this thread sound nothing like 60's/70's music to me. The production is way too slick and clean and the arrangements and overdubs are done in a more modern fashion.

Probably the closest to that sound would be Fleet Foxes that vintage x metal put up.
Quote by Rebel Scum
There's some great jams here but 99% of the songs in this thread sound nothing like 60's/70's music to me. The production is way too slick and clean and the arrangements and overdubs are done in a more modern fashion.

Probably the closest to that sound would be Fleet Foxes that vintage x metal put up.

when i think 60s-70s i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWlLPJG9Cvg
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Rebel Scum

ya I put up that one because that's also what I associate with a 60's sound (I'm thinking CSNY) but I also put up the Tame Impala song bc that adheres more to what these guys are referring to as a 60s/70s sounds. I believe they mean a psychadelic sound as displayed by the Beatles (and I can only assume I'm right based off of ^ that post)

plus most Beatles albums are remastered now, even new sets of vinyl, so most of us kids have only heard that production value as opposed to the original playing sound (unless you a dweeb like me)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja