The guy who works at the gym I go to seems to be keen on metal - at least when I workout. He asked me to make a compilation of "good rock and metal songs" for workouts, which he will play in the gym.

However, when he says "metal" he means Metallica, Disturbed, Lionheart and listenable stuff like that. Which isn't really the metal I listen to, so I could use your help.

Post as many gym-acceptable rock and metal songs which are good for workout for me to add to the compilation. Thanks
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Metallica sounds like they'd make very bad gym music.

Just make a playlist full of Disturbed. The amount of YAMUNUHs on there should be fitting in a gym, where people tend to make the same sounds.
Noise-reducing earbuds are your friend.

I honestly wouldn't even bother trying to make a "gym-friendly" metal playlist. The average sheep don't listen to/can't stand real metal and you'd have to make so many compromises that you'd end up with bubble-gum chewing mall/nu-core crap anyway.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Just put on Painkiller and call it a day.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by KailM
I honestly wouldn't even bother trying to make a "gym-friendly" metal playlist. The average sheep don't listen to/can't stand real metal and you'd have to make so many compromises that you'd end up with bubble-gum chewing mall/nu-core crap anyway.

It's 2015...

Metal makes awful workout music. Some grime would be a much better choice.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Deicide's Legion was a go to for workout music. I also recommend Suffocation' s early output and the first two Cryptopsy albums
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I reccommend brutal tech death such as Spawn of Possession, Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Nile, Necrophagist, whatever. Stuff with tempo changes is always good
Ac/dc
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Cryptopsy, Craft, Beherit's Engram. The occasional black metal album for running. Make your run a journey! Melodic black metal works wonders when running. Maybe it's different for all you unable to be in a place of grim frostbitten surroundings, but here in Alberta it's pretty easy to get lost in the cold and falling leaves.
Lamb of god and slipknot is honestly good gym music, pantera too. Whatever gets you pumped really i mean who cares what others think.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

Couldn't have chosen better myself

First ask the gym manager if he minds your new-found super strength throwing weights through the roof/ground when the solo of Ride the Solar Winds comes on
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to